Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Finance vs TCD Finance vs UK

Options
  • 19-04-2012 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I want to pursue a career equity research and portfolio management.

which course will offer me best chance of getting on to the graduate programmes in either Dublin or London?

1) Trinity - MSc Finance
    2) UCD - MSc Finance

Or should I look at any of the UK business schools? I should note that there is no way I can afford any of the "prestigious" schools. Do any of the other UK schools other any benefit over TCD or UCD in terms of recruitment for a similar price?

Thanks and look forward to hearing the replies...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chiefster

anyone???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

chiefster wrote: »
    Hi All,

I want to pursue a career equity research and portfolio management.

which course will offer me best chance of getting on to the graduate programmes in either Dublin or London?

1) Trinity - MSc Finance
    2) UCD - MSc Finance

Or should I look at any of the UK business schools? I should note that there is no way I can afford any of the "prestigious" schools. Do any of the other UK schools other any benefit over TCD or UCD in terms of recruitment for a similar price?

Thanks and look forward to hearing the replies...
    ok well price is something to think of as an investment. The costs of TCD/UCD are comparable in broad terms to the UK top tier schools.
    Beyond that its about you. Pretty much all the TCD grads who wish to get onto the london or new york markets if they have decent grades. Both TCD and UCD are CFA affiliated. TCD is also PRMIA and CAIA affiliated. For the more general approach a CFA linked approach is the best. Look at the CFA institute program partners and see which one you like best. For example, Exteter is a super course but 'below the radar' for many.
    domestically TCD offers more choice in modules but is taught and delivered radically differently to UCD.
    It is only partially bout the masters you do- its mainly about the person you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jowlsy

Hi, I'm looking at both of these courses myself too.

Have you looked at DCU MSc Finance and Capital Markets or Msc Investment, Treasury & Banking?

Or does anyone know how these compare to UCD and TCD, especially in terms of prospects for the above mentioned careers? Thanks.

Advertisement