Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pigsback Dog Bed Megadeal Not Really A Deal?

• 19-04-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

The Scruffs dog bed megadeal caught my eye this morning. It states:

"€39.99 instead of €85 for a Large Designer Luxury Scruffs Dog Bed, including delivery from Petshoponline.ie, ideal for all pet lovers!"

I googled it to get information about dimensions to see if it would be large enough for my dog and in doing so found it on sale on Amazon (link here) for £32. Unless delivery is stratospheric I can't understand how they are managing to pass this off as originally being priced at €85!!

Even looked on the Scruffs site and there's no sign of it. Does anybody know anything about this or can anybody explain it because I can't understand it at all. Just looks like a total con from where I'm standing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

A lot of those deals are unfortunately a con

That said, there are some genuine bargains to be had

When people see 50% off they assume a good deal and go straight in

I've seen €2 bike lamps that were €10 now €4 and cheap Chinese cables/tablets/parts being flogged off as 50% or more off

Businesses have seen an opening and many have and still are exploiting people so for me, I'm put off by a lot of deals and research thoroughly before buying

When a Christian radio station starts offering "deals" pages you really have to wonder....

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I see 12 people have been suckered in so far. Wish there was a comment/review section where you could warn people about this on the deal page but obviously that would run counter to their interests... :(

Advertisement