Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuts to Cregg

Options
  • 19-04-2012 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

The HSE intends to cut 1.3 million from Cregg House. There's a facebook page here to combat any such cuts. I'd encourage ye to join and share if ye can, I really disagree with taking money from the mentally disabled for mistakes our government may have done.

https://www.facebook.com/NoCutsToCregg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

UrbanSea wrote: »
    The HSE intends to cut 1.3 million from Cregg House. There's a facebook page here to combat any such cuts. I'd encourage ye to join and share if ye can, I really disagree with taking money from the mentally disabled for mistakes our government may have done.

https://www.facebook.com/NoCutsToCregg

Done, thanks for the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Nice one US, was meant to link this here myself. Was number 62 when I liked it yesterday and they nearly have 1,000 now, fair play to them. Although it's unlikely that the budget cuts will be reversed (I'd insert several derogatory comments about our Government here but what's the point) I think it's important to show people power at every given chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Plazaman wrote: »
    Nice one US, was meant to link this here myself. Was number 62 when I liked it yesterday and they nearly have 1,000 now, fair play to them. Although it's unlikely that the budget cuts will be reversed (I'd insert several derogatory comments about our Government here but what's the point) I think it's important to show people power at every given chance.

Hopefully it will continue to gather momentum, 1000 people in 2 days isn't half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

I was at the silent walk this evening and have to say it was good to see so many turn out for yet another desperate cause.
    And I really hope it makes a difference.

But how many more will there have to be?

Advertisement