Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(iCloud) Mail on iPhone 3G

• 19-04-2012 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has done this successfully?

I moved my computers to iCloud from MobileMe but my phone is a 3G running iOS 4.2.1.

I'm not really interested in all the bells and whistles but would like to get mail working at least.
    Tried a few imap and smtp settings so far but they don't seem to work.

Thanks

Iomega

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Hi SP,

Thanks for the reply.
    Tried all that first. Word for word, double checked it and still no joy.
    No matter what I do it just returns an error message saying that the iCloud username or password is incorrect.

Deleted the account and set up a new one with those settings but no luck.

Iomega.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Try the username without the @server.com part.

Same thing SP.

"Cannot get mail The user name or password for "iCloud" is incorrect"

Pretty frustrating....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Iomega Man wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has done this successfully?

I moved my computers to iCloud from MobileMe but my phone is a 3G running iOS 4.2.1.

I'm not really interested in all the bells and whistles but would like to get mail working at least.
    Tried a few imap and smtp settings so far but they don't seem to work.

Thanks

Iomega

I mananged it on my iPhone 3G -Mail, calendars and contacts. Took me a while but I did it. I'll take some screenshots and post them.

• Advertisement

Cheers culabula, that would be great

Do the same settings work on your computer using an email client?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Iomega Man wrote: »
    Cheers culabula, that would be great

Here you go: as I said, it took me repeated attempts but then one day, I got some extra info and got it to work. I don't remember exactly as it was some time back and I haven't tweaked it since. However, I think you should try and get contacts working first. Once that's done, the rest seems to fall into place.

I hope this helps, ask away if there's anything else.

Advertisement