Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collapsible water containers cheap in Dealz

Options
  • 19-04-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭

Just picked up a couple of these on my lunchbreak in Dealz

€1.49 each for a 10l water holder you can fold up and leave in the cabinet below your tank.

supply-10l-collapsible-water-carrier.jpg
    (not the exact model but same idea)

Probably not suited for heavy use but I'm planning to move one of my tanks across a room tonight and wanted something to store as much tank water as possible. Thought I'd let people here know about them since they're so cheap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

They look great. Where is Dealz?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

They look great. Where is Dealz?

Omni Park Shopping Centre,Santry.

Dealz is right beside Argos and Boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

One in Blanchardstown right beside PetStop.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Also a heads up for those doing large water changes...

Pump from Lidl 26/04

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i have a couple of those collapsible water containers (think i paid about a 3-4 quid each for mine) and they're great. used them for camping and when our pipes frozen a couple of xmases ago. :)

also, the fiver deposit you pay to seahorse for their 25L containers is actually pretty good value. :D

anyone know if that water pump has an input that can be connected to a hose pipe? wouldn't want to have to leave it in my tank to suck the water out and it would be a lot more use if i could drop a hose into a clean water container to suck water back into the tank.

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote: »
    i have a couple of those collapsible water containers (think i paid about a 3-4 quid each for mine) and they're great. used them for camping and when our pipes frozen a couple of xmases ago. :)

also, the fiver deposit you pay to seahorse for their 25L containers is actually pretty good value. :D

anyone know if that water pump has an input that can be connected to a hose pipe? wouldn't want to have to leave it in my tank to suck the water out and it would be a lot more use if i could drop a hose into a clean water container to suck water back into the tank.

I wouldn't use it to pump water out of the tank, I'd use a syphon for that. You would put the pump into the clean water container and pump the water through the hose into the tank, rather than put the hose into the clean water container.

Silverfish wrote: »
    I wouldn't use it to pump water out of the tank, I'd use a syphon for that. You would put the pump into the clean water container and pump the water through the hose into the tank, rather than put the hose into the clean water container.
    i was just wondering if it could be used in both directions. it might have made water changes on a big tank a lot less hassle if i could just use a long hose to pump the dirty water straight from the tank and into the sink. :)

i'm also not sure how i'd get the pump itself into the screw top hole in my 25L containers if it doesn't have an optional input hose attachment.

i was just wondering if it could be used in both directions. it might have made water changes on a big tank a lot less hassle if i could just use a long hose to pump the dirty water straight from the tank and into the sink. :)

i'm also not sure how i'd get the pump itself into the screw top hole in my 25L containers if it doesn't have an optional input hose attachment.

Oh I see. I use big plastic storage boxes for water changes so I can just put the pump into them to pump the water out into the tank or dirty water out into the garden etc.

You need some sort of in/out pump with two hose attachments. This one seems to only go one way for drainage, being submersible and all, not much use for you

no, doesn't look like it. :(

i'm sure i saw a slightly different one with in/out hoses somewhere recently for about 35 quid.

no, doesn't look like it. :(

i'm sure i saw a slightly different one with in/out hoses somewhere recently for about 35 quid.

This??

• Advertisement

yep, that's the one! :)

i'm thinking lidl or aldi i saw it in, but can't remember which.

does it do both ways?

yep, that's the one! :)

i'm thinking lidl or aldi i saw it in, but can't remember which.

does it do both ways?

Lidl.60 euro.

The black hose goes into the tank,and the pump stays on the floor.

You connect a normal garden hose to the top and it pumps away.

It can then be used to pump fresh water back into the tank.

My girlfriend uses a 110litre black plastic garden waste bin (bought in Woodies for 10 euro) to transfer the fresh water into the tank.

It saves alot of back breaking tiring work and empties my 500 litre Discuss tank very fast indeed.:eek::D

not sure if i'd stretch to 60 euro, i was pushing it at 35 tbh. :D

i'm loving my new RO water filter system so far tho, although it's not outputting enough to do any water changes yet, so i'm waiting for a hydraulic pump to arrive which should boost the output as well as making the whole thing a lot more efficient and reduce the waste water output considerably.

not sure if i'd stretch to 60 euro, i was pushing it at 35 tbh. :D

i'm loving my new RO water filter system so far tho, although it's not outputting enough to do any water changes yet, so i'm waiting for a hydraulic pump to arrive which should boost the output as well as making the whole thing a lot more efficient and reduce the waste water output considerably.

80 euro now in Lidl.

Dont know why the price has gone up?:confused:

Advertisement