Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for skylight/velux in kitchen roof??

Options
  • 19-04-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Looking to put a skylight into the roof of our kitchen as its quite dark.

How much are we talking about for window and installation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭New build in sight

Hi

780mm x 980mm is working out at approx €300 per roof window including flashings. Is this what you are looking for? Or is a skylight different to a roof window?
    That quote we have received for Velux branded roof windows. keylite i believe is slightly cheaper.

Apologies if you mean something different by "sky light"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Not even a days work so should be no more than €150 to fit.

If you can afford it stick with velux, still have spares 20 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

thanks all for the replies appreicate it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hi

780mm x 980mm is working out at approx €300 per roof window including flashings.
    more like €350, this is a new house? do you have many roof-lights? are you considering the U-value here, If you look on there website the prices are listed, the 3g 1wm2k is €650

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭New build in sight

BryanF wrote: »
    more like €350, this is a new house? do you have many roof-lights? are you considering the U-value here, If you look on there website the prices are listed, the 3g 1wm2k is €650

No Bryanf, I meant exactly what I posted. €300 per window as per quote we have received from our building providers locally.

I don't recall mentioning a brand so I find it strange you checked "their" website? Whos website did you check?

Also I am sure you are experienced enough to know that getting a quote direct from any of the roof window companies will be list rates and NOT discounted. You should always refer to your local agent/builders providers for quotes, they will be able to adjust with a discount applied. This in fact I learned from Boards.ie myself.

Yes of course we have consdiered UV values.

And the amount we need is approx 8/9 roof windows at approx sizes as mentioned above.

If you want the name of the providers please PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bryaj

New build in sight, I would be interested in details of where you got quotes - can you pm me please.

No Bryanf, I meant exactly what I posted. €300 per window as per quote we have received from our building providers locally.

I don't recall mentioning a brand so I find it strange you checked "their" website? Whos website did you check?

Also I am sure you are experienced enough to know that getting a quote direct from any of the roof window companies will be list rates and NOT discounted. You should always refer to your local agent/builders providers for quotes, they will be able to adjust with a discount applied. This in fact I learned from Boards.ie myself.

Yes of course we have consdiered UV values.

And the amount we need is approx 8/9 roof windows at approx sizes as mentioned above.

If you want the name of the providers please PM me.
    That's great!
    you mentioned velux, I was recently on their website, that's the end of my interest in the price..
    You have'nt answered my question: what's the u-value? Especially if you have 9 roof lights..

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BudEliJackson

HI all looking for the rough cost of the skylight 1 meter by 2 meters big - just the window itself as well as rough cost for fitting? anybody any ideas? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

Thanks, I got 2 different builders to provide me with quote and they both straight said Velux- this looks like much cheaper version?

• Advertisement

Velux are good as you cann get parts in thirty years time!

They dont do a 1m x 2m window thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

HI all looking for the rough cost of the skylight 1 meter by 2 meters big - just the window itself as well as rough cost for fitting? anybody any ideas? Thanks

How many threads are you going to post the same question in?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106834088&postcount=20
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106834162&postcount=8
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106834146&postcount=10

Dudda wrote: »

How many threads are you going to post the same question in?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106834088&postcount=20
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106834162&postcount=8
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106834146&postcount=10

Hi I am looking for some suggestions, was at work and copied it to several threads, and your problem is?

Hi I am looking for some suggestions, was at work and copied it to several threads, and your problem is?
    one topic, one post. please

regular posters,
    please report multiple posts and leave it to the mods thanks

one topic, one post. please

regulars posters,
    please report multiple posts and leave it to the mods thanks

Thanks maybe then its better to create new thread for everything users want to ask then there are lots of same/ similar threads but the bove rule will be fulfilled?

Chose your thread and post your request once and only once. Multiple repeat requests is considered spamming and likely to result in a Siteban

Advertisement