Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Go on Xbox?

Options
  • 19-04-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Whats sky go like on the xbox quality wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

James__10 wrote: »
    Whats sky go like on the xbox quality wise?
    It's fairly good ... It's not HD quality, but it's definitely watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i think that's an understatement tbh, it's perfect standard definition quality for the most part, you wouldn't notice it's coming through your net connection as opposed to your usual tv signal.

i had it when it first launched on the xbox (20mb upc connection) and back then you could easily see it wan't the usual tv connection - i can remember the auld lad questioning what was wrong with the telly :D. i have it now over here on a 12mb dsl line and it's perfect bar the odd patch of blurring every now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

theteal wrote: »
    i think that's an understatement tbh, it's perfect standard definition quality for the most part, you wouldn't notice it's coming through your net connection as opposed to your usual tv signal.

Agreed it will depend on your net connection, speed and if you have a usage limit.

For example, I am on a 10 meg connection, and the general fair use is 4 gig a day. After hitting 4 gig the speed gets capped to 2 meg. Now under normal circumstances I won't hit that on just sky through the xbox alone but even when I do the picture is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I have come across problems with the sound, sometimes it just will not work and other times it's fine. All the cables are in perfect order, I have no issues with games, Netflix or any other audio. Just SkyGo.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

I have come across problems with the sound, sometimes it just will not work and other times it's fine. All the cables are in perfect order, I have no issues with games, Netflix or any other audio. Just SkyGo.

This happens me too. Just turn off the TV and back on. It will be fine thensmile.gif Weird i know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Eazzah

Personally I use it quite a lot, the quality is not perfect but it is definitely watchable, although I only use it to watch sky1 and sky movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Eazzah wrote: »
    Personally I use it quite a lot, the quality is not perfect but it is definitely watchable, although I only use it to watch sky1 and sky movies.

to be fair, this language is giving off completely the wrong idea of sky go on xbox live.

we didn't want to subscribe to a network for college this year, so i used my xbox linked with my parents account.

absolutely perfect. we were using an old tv, and i would argue that it was better than my parents old SD box back home, or at least a very close parallel.

there is nothing wrong with the service at all. if you want to watch soccer though it has to be set to HQ, or else it gets a little blurry...

if you have a good connection you have absolutely no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

El Spearo wrote: »
    to be fair, this language is giving off completely the wrong idea of sky go on xbox live.

we didn't want to subscribe to a network for college this year, so i used my xbox linked with my parents account.

absolutely perfect. we were using an old tv, and i would argue that it was better than my parents old SD box back home, or at least a very close parallel.

there is nothing wrong with the service at all. if you want to watch soccer though it has to be set to HQ, or else it gets a little blurry...

if you have a good connection you have absolutely no worries.

hi
    what needs to be set to HQ in order to maximise the quality? is this a setting on the xbox itself or on the sky go player?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I don't see any difference between the quality of Sky Go compared to watching it from the box.. I do have a decent connection but I've tried it at a friends house on a std connection and it was near enough the same.

I do have netflix and Hulu tho and the quality from both is much better, good few HD shows/films with 5.1 surround.. So there is room for Sky to improve but as it stands deffo a great feature.

Advertisement