Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jane Slalom and Matrix car seat

Options
  • 19-04-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

I am looking at getting the Jane Slalom and Matrix car Seat, the one that lies flat as a carry cot and is legal in the car!

I would be getting it second hand as I was in Eurobaby yesterday and the newer version was €850 euro. :eek:

I need something with 3 wheels and all terrain and I live near the beach so would be walking on the beach alot also babys daddy lives on a farm so I would also be walking round fields etc with it.

Anyone have any experience with the Jane??? I've read some reviews and some were excellent and some down right awful so a bit freaked out now!

The other buggy I like is the Mothercare Xtreme......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have the jane powertwin and the mothercare urban explorer, the old vertion ot the extreme. my friend has the matrix'cup. I think its brilliant, i hate my babies in the carseats for more than an hour as their heads always seem to slump. The matriz does take up 2 seats in the car though, might be an issue if you have 2 kids. Afaik, there is no base for it so you have to fuss with belts every time. Obviously the powertwin is bigger but you could push it anywhere, the wheels are brilliant. Cons: pumping wheels every 2 weeks, its pretty big, no room left in the boot when its in. I love the mothercare one no real downsides, ive been on the beach with both and once the sand is wet they are a pleasure to push. If i was buying again i would have bought a jane single.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I decided on the mothercare Xtreme in the end. We bought it yesterday. It seemed like really good value and we weren't able to afford the Jane new and I thought if the 2nd hand Jane didn't have all the parts and I was unlucky enough not be able to get them as it was an older model and then it was just a waste of money!

Ideally I would prefer the matrix cup as it lies flat but hey ho that's life! If I come across the matrix cup seat I might just get that and transfer baby from that to Pram!!

Advertisement