Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Foreman Utensils

Options
  • 19-04-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

HI Folks,

Was not sure where to put this so thought I would try here. I recently was given a George Foreman grill as it was not being used. I am getting great use from it as part of my healthy living but I dont have the utensils for it so cleaning it is becoming a pain in the ass and I dont want to damage it using the wrong things on it.

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that sells them or if anyone has any that they wanmt rid of I would be eternely greatfull,

cheers

frAg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

D.I.D used to sell special sponges for cleaning them. When I'm finished using mine I wet a few pieces of kitchen roll with hot water, place them on the grill (switched off) and close it while we eat and it's really easy to clean afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

ideally I am looking for the plastic utensils as I dont want to use a knife or similar on it as it ruined the grill.

I will have to find those sponges!!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I do the same trick with wet kitchen towels or a wet dishcloth. It is like it sort of steam cleans it. I just leave it soak and it wipes right off. If something is really burnt on I would put some washing up liquid on the cloth and leave it soak in.

You can just any old plastic utensils on it. The second people go near it with a scouring pad its ruined. If you do have a ruined GF type grill you can use those reusable "magic sheets" for baking. Or toastabag type things.

Advertisement