Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car for double buggy

Options
  • 19-04-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

Anyone any ideas or suggestions of one that will suit double buggy? Nissan quashi seems to be only reasonable one that I can find that doesn't cost an arm an a leg!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Not the answer to your question but we were told that Nissans can be really difficult to find a well fitted car seat. We have a Honda & it came up because the maxi cosi isofix base won't fit our isofix :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Qashqai has a fairly small boot, if you want to put anything else in there with a double buggy there won't be much room. Skoda Octavia is renound for having a big boot, and they don't cost an arm and a leg, or you could look at a estate car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

what kind of double buggy ? side by side or tandem ?

Have a renault scenic and both types fit in it easily enough.

As an aside, i have a tandem type double buggy thats fits in the boot of my corsa .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Anything with a big boot! we had a Renault Megan and we had to remove the back wheels to fit the double buggy in, it was a Jane twin two double buggy. we then bought a Toyota verso and it fitted in with no problem at all. I say many of the estate cars would fit a double buggy even salon cars like toyota avensis, ford mondeo, vw passat or jetta....

If you have the double buggy already then go to a car dealers and try it in all the boots of the cars, see what fits and what doesn't.

I also had a side by side buggy and that fitted in the in laws Toyota corolla no problem. it was umbrella style.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

What about a Kia Sportage? I am planning to get a sorento but then I need a towing jeep for work as I work with horses and was looking at an affordable 4X4.

The sportage has a smaller engine, like 1.9 or something. Kind of big car, small jeep type thing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have an out n about nipper double and it will fit in nearly any boot.

What kind of buggy do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

We got a phil and teds vibe when #2 arrived. Folds smaller than our old single buggy. Fits in pretty much any boot.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Not the answer to your question but we were told that Nissans can be really difficult to find a well fitted car seat. We have a Honda & it came up because the maxi cosi isofix base won't fit our isofix :)

We had no issue with isofix in the Primera at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

ford C-max does the trick as well. according to some websites it seems to be one of the best family cars out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The Nissan primera and ford focus have compatibility problems with car seats. That's what we were told at our ante natal class by Tony Kealy. The primera because of the seat belts and the focus (pre 05) because of the back seat are the two notoriously difficult cars for car seats. Apparently!

We have a focus estate and it's great because of the huge boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Other half has a celica, it currently has a jane powertwin, an umbrella fold buggy and a petit zia in the boot!! I have a swift and can fit the powertwin in as long as i take off the wheels, but it fits no prob in my sisters' fiesta and almera hatchback. So going by liters is no good when describing boot capasity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I have an out n about nipper double and it will fit in nearly any boot.

What kind of buggy do you have?

Moonbeam I don't have One yet. The wife's not due till early July. We have checked out by styles and checked a few cars and don't seem to have a car with a big enough boot. We have a fiat brava at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Skoda fabia estate. Very economical, band B road tax (well, ours is, it's petrol), boot is very big, but doesn't have the feel of being a big car. I love ours.
    Only issue would be if you wanted to have another child before one was out of a car-seat, you'd be needing to buy a new car

Advertisement