Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal data of airline passengers sent to US from Europe after controversial bill

• 19-04-2012 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Millions of airline customers’ personal data will be handed over to the United States after MEPs voted for new laws that it’s claimed are vital to tackle terrorism.

Passenger Name Records, which include names, addresses, credit cards details and phone numbers, as well as religious meal choices and some sensitive health information, will be shared after the European Parliament voted to approve a controversial bill

Nothing surprises me now from these up and coming Global elite fascists at EU parliament. We are all suspected terrorists now thanks to all that voted Lisbon.:mad:

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/personal-data-of-airline-passengers-sent-to-us-from-europe-after-controversial-bill-3086697.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Vote yes for jobs! Do you want to see us kicked out of Europe and back to the stone ages... YES FOR JOBS!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Its probably nothing they haven't garnered from Echelon over the years! :(

They just have official claim now, to try say how they got such info!

Then from 1998 there was this:

http://cryptome.org/jya/nsa-f83.htm
    Nicholas Rufford investigates a base able to tap into any call, fax or e-mail, and finds out who it really targets!

...And they had the tech then to try gain such info.
    "Within Europe, all e-mail, telephone and fax communications are routinely intercepted by the NSA, transferring all target information to Fort Meade in Maryland [the headquarters of the NSA] via the crucial hub of Menwith Hill in the North Yorkshire moors of the United Kingdom." The report also details a system called "Echelon", a network of listening stations around the world."

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

religious meal choices

I'll have Oxtail soup to start, with pork and unleavened bread to follow.

They'd blow us out of the sky if they thought a twisted, religious nutter like that was on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

Sykk wrote: »
    Vote yes for jobs! Do you want to see us kicked out of Europe and back to the stone ages... YES FOR JOBS!

It's water charges for jobs now. Keep up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

But who's gonna tackle America's terrorism, eh!!? Who!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Anders Behring Breivik tells court he used computer games to prepare for his attack.

I wonder if he has any Flight Simulator games ? I'm a nervous flyer at the best of times, so in this case I welcome the efforts by our new overlords to make air travel safer.

But who's gonna tackle America's terrorism, eh!!? Who!?

Don't be silly!

...The Kardashain's! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

This has been going on for about 5 years. I don't see what it has to do with Lisbon.
    A deal between Brussels and Washington to share PNR data was originally struck in 2007 following the discovery of plots to blow up airliners, including the 2006 “liquid bomb plot”, for which the three British ringleaders were sentenced to life imprisonment.

I disagree with sharing this information especially as it includes a lot of unrelevant data including credit card details and medical information and even simple things like meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Duiske wrote: »
    Anders Behring Breivik tells court he used computer games to prepare for his attack.

I wonder if he has any Flight Simulator games ? I'm a nervous flyer at the best of times, so in this case I welcome the efforts by our new overlords to make air travel safer.

Safer than what? think of the amount of air traffic daily and cross reference that with the amount of crashes/terrorist attacks. You will find its safer than walking to the shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Why the hell are they sharing my credit card details??

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    This has been going on for about 5 years. I don't see what it has to do with Lisbon.

I disagree with sharing this information especially as it includes a lot of unrelevant data including credit card details and medical information and even simple things like meal

That can say a lot about you, matrim.

For example, would you order a vegetarian option when on a flight?

Why the hell are they sharing my credit card details??

They need someone to pay for those prostitutes the Secret Service keep hiring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They'll just run it against your search history from Google and quickly decide if you're a threat (have expressed any anti-Americans views).
    With the credit card details they can see what things you've bought online and if you've bought "forbidden" items.

biko wrote: »
    ...With the credit card details they can see what things you've bought online and if you've bought "forbidden" items.

O' crap!
    I'm paying now on with cash when I buy my whips and chains!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Biggins wrote: »
    Don't be silly!

...The Kardashain's! :D

what is she going to do.........sit on them? That'll keep em down :D:D

I'm fuc*ing screwed when they find out about that Twilight boxset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

biko wrote: »
    They'll just run it against your search history from Google and quickly decide if you're a threat (have expressed any anti-Americans views).
    With the credit card details they can see what things you've bought online and if you've bought "forbidden" items.
    They will know what books you bought on line through ISBN whether they would be considered subversive or not. With up and coming NFC cashless phones they will know exactly what you are buying through petty cashless transactions. With your registered leap card they will know exactly where you are travelling to and from.

what is she going to do.........sit on them? That'll keep em down :D:D

With some of their sizeable asses?
    Gas them goodo! :pac:

Advertisement