Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CARBON TAX MAY 1st HOME HEATING OIL

Options
  • 19-04-2012 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know anything about this tax which is about to hit us on May 1st. I have just received a text from my home heating oil supplier advising to book a delivery before May to beat this tax.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Wasn't it last May?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Wasn't it last May?:confused:

Carbon tax
    The carbon tax will be increased by €5 to €20 per tonne of CO2 emitted on fossil fuels.

The increase will apply to petrol and auto-diesel from midnight, 6 December 2011. Find out more about the impact of this change on page 21 of the Taxation Annexes document (pdf).

The increase will apply from 1 May 2012 to kerosene, Marked Gas Oil, Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG), fuel oil and natural gas. (This is to take account of the effect the increase would have on home heating costs over the winter months.)

The carbon tax will not apply to solid fuels, so there will be no increases for peat or coal.

The above is taken from the citizens advice website

Regards

DC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

works out approx. 1.5c / litre inc vat

so on full (1000 litre delivery) its €15.

I prefer to take the chance that oil prices will soften by a hell of a lot more than that as we move into September - it is a US election year and oil prices are creeping into the election.

Advertisement