Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new UCARD

Options
  • 19-04-2012 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭

I just got an email about this, saying we need a new card for the summer exams, so is our old one now null and void?

It says that we can collect our replacement cards from Monday on campus - but it doesn't say where on campus. Is it still somewhere in the library? And do we have to pay for this yoke?

cheers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

muffinz wrote: »
    I just got an email about this, saying we need a new card for the summer exams, so is our old one now null and void?

It says that we can collect our replacement cards from Monday on campus - but it doesn't say where on campus. Is it still somewhere in the library? And do we have to pay for this yoke?

cheers!

The office is behind Reader's Deli, you don't have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

I just got an email about the ucard too and it was just saying that because you have to have your student card for the exams they're extending the opening hours of the ucard office in case anyone needs to get a replacement. It would seem exceptionally strange for them to require people to exchange their card at this very late stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

dr gonzo wrote: »
    I just got an email about the ucard too and it was just saying that because you have to have your student card for the exams they're extending the opening hours of the ucard office in case anyone needs to get a replacement. It would seem exceptionally strange for them to require people to exchange their card at this very late stage...

The exam regulations mention nothing about the UCARD

UCD Exam regulations taken from the email I received today;
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/examregulations.pdf
    Candidates are required to be in possession of their student card, which should be displayed on their desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

I got an email saying:

"As you are aware exams start on the 30th April and you need your Student UCARD with you when you sit your exams. From next week we are extending the opening hours of our UCARD Bureau on the Belfield Campus so that we can better facilitate anyone who needs to get a replacement. The office will be open from 08.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday until the day of the last exam."

You don't have to pay for it. So I think anyone who doesn't have it should probably get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

BX 19 wrote: »
    The exam regulations mention nothing about the UCARD

UCD Exam regulations taken from the email I received today;
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/examregulations.pdf

The UCard is just the new student card, the two are synonymous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Your UCard is your student card and you need it for the exams.
    If you have to have it replaced it will cost you €30 but I don't know if that applies to getting it for the first time.

Advertisement