Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping a dog off a new lawn

Options
  • 19-04-2012 3:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭

is it possible? i have a temporary fence up while the lawn takes but i'm told that dog pee kills grass completely and after all the effort of sowing a new lawn i really dont want it all undone by my dog, much as i love him.

is there a method or a product that'll keep him away from it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

What you could do is train the dog to toilet in one specific spot where you could have bark or gravel. Am on my phone so I can't link to a thing, but the pet forum would be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Get yourself some cheap garden netting. Place some pea stick or bamboo around the lawn and stretch the netting over it. The netting is very cheap in Aldi/Lidl/Dealz. Of course it depends how big your lawn is!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

one of the radio fences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Keep the dog indoors, when he does pee on the lawn just flush it with a watering can.

Advertisement