Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys Powerline adapter compatibility

Options
  • 19-04-2012 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have a network with Linksys PLE300 and PLS300 powerline adapters and it has been working great for ages! I want to expand the network with more adapters so I bought two PLTS200 adapters and havent been able to get them to connect to mine. As far as I can see its because the network password is different but I cant seem to get it to stay changed using the utility for the 200 as it keeps reverting back to its default.

So the next step I took was to contact Linksys chat support (big mistake because I am now ultra stressed out!), according to them the PLTS200 will not work as you cant have more than two of them on a circuit. They say that another PLS300 could work but may cause connectivity problems, however these are no longer available to buy! Or I can buy the newer PLS400 but again they wont guarantee that it will work and may cause connectivity issues.

I cant seem to find the major difference between the PLTS200 and the others that would cause it not to be compatible and Linksys cant answer that either!

Can anyone please explain why the 200 wont work or what I could try to get it to work, or maybe offer me some help on what 4 port decent speed adapters I can buy that will work with my existing powerline network as I don't particularly want to have to replace my current equipment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Betty_Blue

With a little further research I seem to have answered my first question! Homeplug 1.0 (the PLTS200) is not compatible with Homeplug AV (PLS300).

How hard would that have been for linksys support to say! grrrr!!

So will the Linksys PLS400 adapter work with my network as it is also a homeplug AV?
    And is it just that you cant mix speeds? will any 200Mbps adapter work on my network?

Advertisement