Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless DSL Modem/Router Combo?

Options
  • 19-04-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,
    I'm currently using a BT Voyager 2110, and it's begun to show it's age. I'm looking to upgrade to a new modem/router, can anyone recommend a decent one, preferably with good quality of service settings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Based on performance or based on budget !? :)

Not sure about your usage but i love getting a system that the modem does the modem (MOdulation/DEModulation) while the wireless router to do the hard routing and firewall work and the separate switch to do the switching !

Based on my theory,for a home user,the modem can be any one supplied by the ISP ,while router/firewall/switch coming from Cisco ,Netgear or Sonicwall !

Basically any of them will do the job,minimum spec for wireless is N and MiMo ,as a good firewall (Sonicwall) and for the switch any one with 1Gb with 12 ports doing ok.

Have fun...

PS
    i am using something higher than this spec but i cannot advise you to get this mad money invested in to it.

Advertisement