Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a pub in Westport

Options
  • 19-04-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi
    There is a few of us heading to climb Croagh Patrick this weekend, can you recommend a good pub in Westport to have a bite to eat, have a few well earned pints and watch the Barca v Real Madrid match on Saturday evening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Many places in Westport - listed in previous threads

On Bridge St suggest Henaghans and Cosy Joes

Octagon - Wyatt

James st Clew Bay

At bottom of Reek - Campbells - About quarter mile down the road TaVERN.

Pray for the intentions of users of this board when on CP

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tomjohn01

Thanks nuac, you will indeed be in my prayers when I reach the top!!

How did your weekend in Westport go?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tomjohn01

Hi nuac

we had a great night, the climb itself was punishing, but a very rewarding pint in the Shebeen pub afterwards. We went to Cosy Joes for the match and I have to say we couldn't have been looked after any better. Great seats for the match, we ordered food at half time and were told that because we were there a while that we could have the food for free!!

Of course that meant that we stayed there for the night, but it was excellent and will definitely be back again.

Thanks for your recommendations

Glad to hear it worked out.

Joe O'Malley in Cosy Joe's is a very good host.

You are welcome again

• Advertisement
Advertisement