Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bogus fire blanket fitter about

Options
  • 19-04-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi guys,

My aunt told me was out in her front and was approached by a fellow claiming to be from Waterford City Council who wanted to fit a fire blanket in her hall.

Good on her for telling him where to go - no tool belt or ID with him at all! But my aunt is in her late 70s and it's scary to think of chancers like that around. She watched him call to every other house on the road, but he got no answer.

This was in Ferrybank just after lunchtime. Now she's afraid to leave the house :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Obviously a fake, but is that a made up profession too? Since when do you need people to fit fire blankets for you :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Obviously a fake, but is that a made up profession too? Since when do you need people to fit fire blankets for you :confused:

The blankets were so "hot" they might as well have being on fire :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

what a tool and ya would.nt fit a fire blanket in a hallway anyways at it only generally used for fires on a cooker i.e. chip pan fire

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Waterford city council have been installing fire blankets in all houses over the last few months. However the genuine guys will have ID if asked. No tool belt tho, all he used was a small screwdriver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

If they are going to be sending out people to do genuine jobs that seem ridicolous such as this they should really send a notice out over wlrfm or something. too many chancers going around the place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

First the wallet inspector and now this....

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Meatwad wrote: »
    First the wallet inspector and now this....

I'm still waiting to get that $1,000,000 from the son of the deposed king of nigeria on top of getting my wallet back from him, I really hope I gave the correct account details...

Advertisement