Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info of Shanganagh Cliffs, Shankill

Options
  • 19-04-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello is me again

so the house that I was looking in donaghmede had problems with the roof so it was a no go, now I'm seeing a house in Shanganagh Cliffs, Shankill, I have mixed reviews, some people told me that it is rough, some people told me that is nice some other went over the board and told me histories of cars on fire. again, I would like a no bias opinion and this is the best spot for it!

can I get some help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its one of the roughest estates on south dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 spanishJ

thank you.

but is really rough/dangerous? close to tallagh rough? I didn't find anything in rte.ie or news.google.com in relation to the state.

is really a shame, the houses are beautiful

my brother married a girl from there and lived there for a while, ill ask him to post as he knows more about the area than me.

Thank you thank you thank you

i do not want to make a bad decision

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Shanganah did have a (very) bad reputation :eek: - not sure about these days. You would want to be very sure before moving there.

Donaghmede and Shanganah are at complete opposite sides of Dublin. Why are you looking in so wide an area?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

well, I'm looking for anything in my range, close to the dart, so that is why my area is so open, of course I would like to a quite, safe area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

its one of the roughest estates on south dublin.

Yea but wouldnt be a patch on donaghmede in terms of roughnesd

ciaran_h wrote: »
    Yea but wouldnt be a patch on donaghmede in terms of roughnesd

i would consider it (shanganagh) a lot rougher

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

spanishJ wrote: »
    thank you.

but is really rough/dangerous? close to tallagh rough? I didn't find anything in rte.ie or news.google.com in relation to the state.

is really a shame, the houses are beautiful

You don't have a lot of experience with Tallaght, do you?

There's two districts of Tallaght that can be a bit bad but you seem to be forgetting that Tallaght is huge. The largest suburb in Dublin none the less.

Honestly, I live in one of the quietest estates you could find, I definitely wouldn't call it rough, not in 100 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

my brother married a girl from there and lived there for a while, ill ask him to post as he knows more about the area than me.

Here I am!

We lived there for about 8 months. Never a problem. There is one rough family in the estate but they dont really cause problems anymore. My missus says it was a lot rougher in the 90's but its got a lot better now. Most of the riff raff have moved on/been sent to jail/joined the priesthood.

• Advertisement

Thanks

I suppose I will have to go there and see it in the night, I will take the car and check the area at 10-12 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

I've lived there for the past 10 or 12 years, and I bet its my next door neighbors house you're looking at !

Shankill is great , alot of young children. Its within walking distance to the beach, train , buses , garages , shopand 30 min commute to town! What more could you want.

Its not rough at all, yeah ok there is teenagers but theyre everywhere. As someone mentioned I think the 90's were bad there but its a pleasure to live there now ! 1 or 2 bad families but not they'd have any impact on you or anyone else in the estate.!

eimear10 wrote: »
    I've lived there for the past 10 or 12 years, and I bet its my next door neighbors house you're looking at !

Shankill is great , alot of young children. Its within walking distance to the beach, train , buses , garages , shopand 30 min commute to town! What more could you want.

Its not rough at all, yeah ok there is teenagers but theyre everywhere. As someone mentioned I think the 90's were bad there but its a pleasure to live there now ! 1 or 2 bad families but not they'd have any impact on you or anyone else in the estate.!

is a bungaloo 3 beds in the end of a culc de sac, I love it and the price is right, is just that a lot of people says is bad/rough, thank you for your input, I literally don't know what do, I suppose I have to go and walk the area in the night and see what I fell.

let me know if it is the house next to you!

yeah thats beside me alright !! never any trouble on my road only toddlers running around the place ! do you have a family ?

only bad thing is reception with meteor and vodafone is crap inside the house but fine once you go outside!

yeah thats beside me alright !! never any trouble on my road only toddlers running around the place ! do you have a family ?

not for the moment!, my biggest fear is that the miss has to take the dart and sometimes she could be coming back from work at 10 - 11 pm, and the last think that I want to worry is that something happens to her.

do you think it could become a hazard or something?

not for the moment!, my biggest fear is that the miss has to take the dart and sometimes she could be coming back from work at 10 - 11 pm, and the last think that I want to worry is that something happens to her.

do you think it could become a hazard or something?

Well I think that could be dangerous anywhere but I do it and nothing's ever happened nor have I heard of any random attacks or anything like that

Well I think that could be dangerous anywhere but I do it and nothing's ever happened nor have I heard of any random attacks or anything like that

you know, I'm going to take a look at the zone in further details, I will go tomorrow at 12, take lunch, and ask the people in the zone (like you) to see what they say, I will let you know of my findings!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

only bad thing is reception with meteor and vodafone is crap inside the house but fine once you go outside!

Yeah what is the story with that? I can never get a decent reception in my inlaws.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Yeah what is the story with that? I can never get a decent reception in my inlaws.
    I see what you did there! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

you know, I'm going to take a look at the zone in further details, I will go tomorrow at 12, take lunch, and ask the people in the zone (like you) to see what they say, I will let you know of my findings!
    I would call in to the nearest Garda Station as well - just to see what they say.

Not your ornery onager

when I did that for donagmede, they told me they cannot give me any information, I will have to try this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

i would consider it (shanganagh) a lot rougher

and what do you know of donaghmede? do you know newgrove, st donaghs for example. donaghmede (an entire parish as ooposed to an estate in shankill) would be a hell of a lot rougher than shankill/shanganagh cliffs.

ciaran_h wrote: »
    and what do you know of donaghmede? do you know newgrove, st donaghs for example. donaghmede (an entire parish as ooposed to an estate in shankill) would be a hell of a lot rougher than shankill/shanganagh cliffs.

im from edenmore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Yeah the Guards don't like to comment on areas anymore. I think they get given out to by houseowners trying to sell if they slag off an area.

Shankill is a lovely town but Shanganagh would be considered the roughest part of it. It's definitely got better, I personally saw burnt out cars there about a decade ago. I'm afraid the dart station is not a place I'd ever let my wife walk home from by herself after dark. There was an attack there about six months ago.

an attack at the dart station in shankill ? first ive heard of it and i read SCAN (shankill community area network) every month. Theres a community alert section there where im sure they would have alerted us about something like that. Also yesterday I saw a burnt out car in D4 . So saying you saw one in Shanganagh CLiffs a decade ago is neither here nor there imo ...

an attack at the dart station in shankill ? first ive heard of it and i read SCAN (shankill community area network) every month. Theres a community alert section there where im sure they would have alerted us about something like that. Also yesterday I saw a burnt out car in D4 . So saying you saw one in Shanganagh CLiffs a decade ago is neither here nor there imo ...

It's very much here since he referenced the history of burnt out cars in his original post. I specifically said it was a decade ago anyway.

And I was informed of the attack by an email from shankillmatters.com and I'm nearly sure it was mentioned in scan. A young man was beaten up by a gang just outside the station about midnight. Could be nearly a year ago now.

Correction: It was from the Corbawn Residents Association which was passed to me. It was a Saturday night, 8.15pm, and the victim was a 20 year old male.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jesse Custer

shanganagh always seemed ok to me. i live close to shankill and its a lovely little village - you do see a few ****s hanging around at night the odd time (just a few) but your gonna get them no matter where you move to!! i'd definitely go for it over donaghmede !!

shanganagh always seemed ok to me. i live close to shankill and its a lovely little village - you do see a few ****s hanging around at night the odd time (just a few) but your gonna get them no matter where you move to!! i'd definitely go for it over donaghmede !!

I tend to agree - it's largely fine and shankill as a whole is lovely. But I'm in the business of full disclosure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Shanganagh is a grand estate, I wouldn't be worried about living there OP, especially the cul-de-sac you mention, it's extreemely quiet. Go for it.

21/25

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement