Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best online poker site&best game to play?

Options
  • 19-04-2012 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I've been using PP but I'm sick of it. Thinking of closing my account and starting over somewhere new :D Also, I was playing a lot of the Double Up games but they were driving me insane, everyone afraid to bet and just sitting pretty waiting for the more impatient players to get knocked out.... Are double ups a waste of time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I've been using PP but I'm sick of it. Thinking of closing my account and starting over somewhere new :D Also, I was playing a lot of the Double Up games but they were driving me insane, everyone afraid to bet and just sitting pretty waiting for the more impatient players to get knocked out.... Are double ups a waste of time?

This is the correct way to play Double Ups unfortunately, folding lots and lots and lots.
    Maybe try 10 seater SNGs for a while where the prize fund is 50%/30%/20%?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Pokerstars.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

If you want an action game play pot limit omaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

Stars is way ahead for me as it's the only site I can play variant sngs.

Holdem can get boring after several thousand hands.

Try 8 game.

It would take a long time for an occasional recreational player to get good at 8 game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 DerMon

Badugi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

I'll play anything except Badugi:D

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

I'd agree with poster above, Pokerstars is the way to go for player and tourny volume.

They also have 'Zoom' now which is basically the same as Rush Poker on Full Tilt before they went busto, if you fancy some fast paced cash game action :D

Zoom/Rush is bad for the better players imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Formation wrote: »
    Zoom/Rush is bad for the better players imo.

Dont agree, it is very exploittable, it just involves taking a slightly different approach to the game, tbh I have only dipped my toes in these but they are full of fish and adrenaline junkies.

• Advertisement

Dont agree, it is very exploittable, it just involves taking a slightly different approach to the game, tbh I have only dipped my toes in these but they are full of fish and adrenaline junkies.
    the strategy being wait for the top 2% of hands and bet aggressively? Would rather watch fair city.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Formation wrote: »
    the strategy being wait for the top 2% of hands and bet aggressively? Would rather watch fair city.

Probably more your pace alright, enjoy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Smoores

That is pretty much the proper strategy to double or nothings. In the fifty50s at least accumulation of chips matters, but for just winning double ups, kick back and be patient! Kind of dull but very easy to multi-table. If you want action try PLO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daskesh

betsafe for beginners :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rey77

How's Full Tilt these days?

I haven't played in about 18 months on there but i Can't get the damn software to load! Argh I've tried everything they suggest on the site for FAQs on software issues. I go to start it up and it just says Trying Again, with a picture of the cards being spread out. I've tried to look it up online for help and nothing either. Does FT even exist any more? And if so, how do you get the stupid thing to load!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

rey77 wrote: »
    How's Full Tilt these days?

I haven't played in about 18 months on there but i Can't get the damn software to load! Argh I've tried everything they suggest on the site for FAQs on software issues. I go to start it up and it just says Trying Again, with a picture of the cards being spread out. I've tried to look it up online for help and nothing either. Does FT even exist any more? And if so, how do you get the stupid thing to load!

LOL, wp if you are levelling!

If not, Full Tilt got shut down by the US Department of Justice about 12 months ago.
    Various deals are in the pipeline to hopefully get it reopened sometime this year.

Jesus stole your cash to pay for ballroom dancing lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I play at FTP with the pros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Apparently an announcement is due shortly over the announcement that they are due to announce a very important announcement.

In all seriousness, it's true, Stars and FTP deal is apparently still on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 susonjoy

According to me ,I prefer the 888 poker and poke stars sites .They are the sites which are more attractive and variety of games.Many of the famous poker players are the poke stars pros..So this site may provide you lot of fun while playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭upinthesky

pokerstars by far the best site at the moment
    really wish they would bring back the old betfair poker. Havent played there since they changed it

Advertisement