Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bridgestone Turanza ER300 Tyres

• 19-04-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I am looking to put a reasonable set of tyres on a Ford Mondeo 215/50/R17 and Bridgestone Turanza ER300 were offered at 145 each. Has anybody any comments on their performance good or bad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've a set of them on my car and find them good, seem to be good wearing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I've them too but got them for less than that. Where you based OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Sounds reasonable for a quality tyre in 17's. Cheapest I can find online for a set of Bridgestone in 18's is €230 a corner + delivery + fitting from Camskill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

seems like a good price for 17" brand tyre..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Have a looksee at Eiretyres.
    I was looking just today at 195/65/15 and they were sub 90 each. No idea how much your size are but its just a click away.

The ER300 eco ones seem to be longer lasting compared to the ER300 but some argue thats at the expense of grip.

Worth checking too how the er300 and er300 eco compare in tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Think I got a great deal then, 18" Goodyear Eagle f1's for 152 a corner fitted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

bbk wrote: »
    I was looking just today at 195/65/15 and they were sub 90 each. No idea how much your size are but its just a click away.

The ER300 eco ones seem to be longer lasting compared to the ER300 but some argue thats at the expense of grip.

Eiretyres are looking for €185 for the Bridgstones that the OP is getting fitted for €145 locally. Eiretyres are far from cheap these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

bbk wrote: »

As far as I'm aware, only the er300 eco's are being produced now.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

Thanks everybody for your input :).
    I think will go with the Bridgestones they are rated better than than the Goodyear EfficientGrip on this table of tyres reviews and I had good experience with Bridgestone Duelers on our other car

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Ford/Mondeo.htm

I would agree with the comments on here that the Goodyear EfficientGrip wore out with barely 24,000km

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

bazz26 wrote: »
    Eiretyres are looking for €185 for the Bridgstones that the OP is getting fitted for €145 locally. Eiretyres are far from cheap these days.

Ruddy hell, the size difference makes a MASSIVE difference to the price. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement