Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Report links vaccine to narcolepsy

• 19-04-2012 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

"An official report has concluded that an increase in the sleep disorder narcolepsy among young people since 2009 is associated with the swine flu vaccine Pandemrix."

Linky...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0419/breaking44.html

To be frank, I find this report to be very disturbing. It's close to home as I was vaccinated with Pandemrix in August 2009. However, what is more worrying is that I didn't hear anything official from the HSE and presumably they have a list of folks who were vacdsfhewhufdsijhfds

Comments

I didn't hear anything official from the HSE and presumably they have a list of folks who were vacdsfhewhufdsijhfds
    Good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

So not just a clever name then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

Oh no this on top of the autism the MMR gave me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Has this not being widely known for a while now?

It shouldn't be something that makes people fearful of vaccines. All drugs have side effects that a tiny minority of people are susceptible to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Nah they're just lazy fsckers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Maybe they can give triple doses to insomniacs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

That was on the news ages ago.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Yearning4Stormy

chin_grin wrote: »
    So not just a clever name then...

Mmmm, chin_grin, I've always resisted those 'how did you come up with your username?' threads, but I'm not entirely sure where you're going with this replydsahjudsajsahjyugyhj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I better change my defence, I told the Guards it caused Kleptomania.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

stovelid wrote: »

no no you don't want that insomnia sucks at the moment I've got a good sleeping pattern till the full moon comes back and knocks it out of sync :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sex with dead people is sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

That's really weird I got the vaccine and zzzzzzzzzz....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Yearning4Stormy

Has this not being widely known for a while now?

It shouldn't be something that makes people fearful of vaccines. All drugs have side effects that a tiny minority of people are susceptible to.

Yep, first reported (I think) by Finnish authorities, then floated as a possibility by Irish authorities a while back and then confirmed today.

Completely agree with your second comment, see below. (btw, best username ever :))
    stovelid wrote: »

Sorta related... a couple of years ago, I went on the quit-smoking-drug, Zyban. Strangely, it actually worked in that after a week or so, I'd fire one up and take a couple of drags, then do that bleurghhh thing and stub the damn thing out. The downside was that it caused me to suffer from raging insomnia: bed at eleven, awake at two, no more sleep. After a week of that, couldn't function, feck the Zyban. Still smokin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0917/1224304267464.html

There is an Irish help group called S.O.U.N.D. Sufferers of Unique Narcolepsy Disorder. Its not a joke but a serious condition affecting children in Ireland and elsewhere. Parents are very upset because they gave permission to have their children vaccinated and this is a very detrimental side effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I didn't hear anything official from the HSE and presumably they have a list of folks who were vacdsfhewhufdsijhfds
    but I'm not entirely sure where you're going with this replydsahjudsajsahjyugyhj

S'funny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Hi Chuck, Worth a read mate!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I started getting heavy night sweats (and still do) in Winter 2010, no known cause so far. And I also started getting a lot more sleep paralysis since mid 2010, and still get it a few times a month. It makes me curious if its related to the vaccine I got. Doubt it though, I dont really have any symptoms of narcolepsy, thank jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

Delighted I never got the vaccine! It's totally safe they said! LOL

I knew it was not a good idea to get something that was created and manufactured that quick, and without proper long-term testing, injected into my body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Hi Chuck, Worth a read mate!!!

I didn't get the pig-flu vaccine because I thought it was a load of bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 pikku

Heard while in Sweden recently that the link between narcolepsey
    and the swine flu vaccine was well known and admitted to by the goverment over there BEFORE the swine flu vaccine was released over here. To be honest, when I heard the government here had signed an indemnity clause with the pharma company who supplied the vaccine I smelled a rat. Then when they publicised widely a website (remember this anyone?) for receivers of the vaccine to longon and detail 'any' side effects, I really suspected the worst. I was utterly shocked to find this out though, that the link with narcolepsey was well known elsewhere....

Bit off topic, but not all vaccines are equally safe for all people....and anyone who questions the status quo gets attacked and shot down for even asking the question in the first place....big pharma has a big and powerful lobby group everywhere in the world indeedy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Never got it, didn't trust it...still don't.

Should have given out big jabs of vitamin D instead :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

This thread must have been vaccinated several weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Sex with dead people is sick.

Especially dead lepers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

No one I know got the vaccine,including my kids.At the time I rang family over in germany(yeah the germ-ins) and they told me no one over there was bothering to get it.They felt the whole thing was rushed without proper testing.
    Apparently there was warehouses full of the stuff left over.

On the up-side ,the drug companies made millions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I did a some work at the bird flu vaccine factory (which is alledgedly, ahem, 25% owned by the ledge Donald Rumsfeld) and it was like a high security jail (it is in Cork). I found the whole place a bit too err, cash rich, for my liking and decided I'd give getting my kids vaccinated a miss. They all died of avian flu, so that went badly,...no, they didn't, tbtG, I just thought an awful lot of very rich folk were piling money into the manufacture of the vaccine and like all good working class begrudgers, I mistrust the rich people and their schemes, so no vaccines here for the little pottles.

Advertisement