Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Travelling to Canada with No visa?

Options
  • 19-04-2012 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey guys just wondering if any one has any advice,

a few of us are going to Canada in the next week.

1 person is yet to receive their visa, it been paid for and passed to the 2nd stage over 2 weeks ago and still nothing (even though mine only took 3 days from this stage?)

any way if the person says they are just on holiday and then once they get the visa cross the boarder and come back to activated it will that work?

the flights are only 2 way and obviously we will have big cases will emigration be on your back or would you get away with it?

Iv traveled to america twice last year for holidays and at emigration all they do is check your passport they dont check you return flight etc..

what you guys think?? any one done it??

the person doesnt want to have to travel on there own after us.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 irishoverseas

1 person is yet to receive their visa, it been paid for and passed to the 2nd stage over 2 weeks ago and still nothing (even though mine only took 3 days from this stage?)

any way if the person says they are just on holiday and then once they get the visa cross the boarder and come back to activated it will that work?

the flights are only 2 way and obviously we will have big cases will emigration be on your back or would you get away with it?

Iv traveled to america twice last year for holidays and at emigration all they do is check your passport they dont check you return flight etc..

i think they are silly to chance it. wait for the visa..besides they will need to hand over their passport for stamping will they not? they might ask you of an address you are staying at so have at least one hotel booked for one night and then say you are touring around and plan on camping. you definately need an initial address though and dont make up something, they are not stupid. believe me i am in canada and know how it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

it's not an uncommon thing to do and they're unlikely to have any issues

Advertisement