Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best things about living in the States?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Have a look at Memphis for supply chain management. FedEx headquarters are based there and the cost of living is dirt cheap. Now, I'd have no interest in living there personally but could be a good way to get a foot in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** OK lads and ladies, back on topic please. If you want to talk about the best things about living in the USA, post in this thread. If you want to talk about how hard Americans work, where to find a job etc, please start your own thread ****

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Would the irish be well received over there due to the accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The people are extremely friendly. I've been all over the country and all over the world now. A lot of Irish people have said they don't like it that it's fake. I like that even if it is fake they make the effort, the effort isn't fake

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Wompa1 wrote: »
    The people are extremely friendly. I've been all over the country and all over the world now. A lot of Irish people have said they don't like it that it's fake. I like that even if it is fake they make the effort, the effort isn't fake
    I like it too, it's better than being ignored too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭aidan18

That's Gas I Lived in Gwinnet County from 1990-2000 When did you live there?
    ProudDUB wrote: »
    100% agree. The cost of eating out there compared to here is next to nothing. I had fajitas in TGI Fridays in Dublin last week, and they were 20 euros or $30. The same thing in the US would be $10-12. It just breaks my heart how expensive it is to eat out here & for food that is pretty basic fare, not exactly gourmet fare.

Also loved how each American city or region was so different from each other. I lived in Atlanta for years. Within a 3-6 hr drive of me were Memphis/Nashville, or New Orleans/Biloxi, or the Florida Gulf coast, or Savannah & Charleston on the Atlantic coast, or the Great Smokey Mountains. Going on road trips were so much FUN ! There was so much to see and do and experience from what I did in my day to day life in Atlanta. In Ireland, you just don't have that kind of diversity. America is such a huge and diverse country, it is a very stimulating place to live or visit especially if you make the effort to get out there and see and do stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

aidan18 wrote: »
    That's Gas I Lived in Gwinnet County from 1990-2000 When did you live there?

You'd be amazed how much Gwinnett has changed since then!

Advertisement