Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda given 900 euro fines

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Check your link! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

What were two people doing lying down in the middle of a motorway? I feel for the driver. No licence on him and no tax have no bearing on whether or not he could have avoided the 'pedestrians', as for the bald tyres....?.... it's a tough one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056611936

There is a bigger thread on this over in the motoring forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Was it he had no licence on him or no licence (ie it had expired)? Also the story about the tyres is BS imo, there is more than one tyre centre in the city, unless he has some rare car that needs special tyres flown in from abroad he should have had plenty of other options available to him. Also why were they left get to the state where they were bald, the minimum legal thread depth is 1.6mm which is still a bit away from being bald. I know if I was stopped by a Garda having bald tyres, no motor tax and gave them a BS story about a tyre shop not having new tyres in stock I would probably have had the car taken off me there and then.

Whether or not some of this contributed to the outcome of the accident, who knows? Same goes for the reason why two people were lying on the driving lane of a motorway in the first place, alot of circumstances converging.

I wonder what would have been the outcome if the defendant was an ordinary member of the public? Possibly a long driving ban on top of the fine for not having a roadworthy car or motor tax at the time. Imo it sends out the wrong message that there is one set of rules for them and another for the rest of us, just like our corrupt polititions and bankers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

There is a very interesting thread on this topic in the motoring forum, I know this issue is related to Limerick but the other thread is actually a very good read and I wouldn't like to see it diluted, with that in mind I'm going to lock this but I would encourage anyone would wants to discuss this issue to head over to the Motoring Forum's thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement