Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SW1070 connecting to Melcom AD1000

Options
  • 19-04-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I had this old dialer sitting around for ages and have decided to hook it up to the SW1070.

The inputs are dead simple, positive, negative, trigger.

By default the unit will dial when it detects 12v on the trigger wire. What is the best way to hook this into the panel. Piggyback on the internal bell positive ?

baud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

You need to program one of the outputs for pre-alarm or else use the external bell negative with positive supply from the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

i wouldnt use the internal bell input you will have it dialling everytime you have an exit/entry fault. If u can program the outputs program output 1 as prealarm and if you cant program it use the external bell input..

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Do the programmable outputs 1 and 2 correspond to the values for 004 and 005 in the panel outputs menu ?

Curently..

001 Pre Alarm
    002 Alarm
    003 Strobe

006 Unavailable

I take it output 1 corresponds to 004 correct ?

baud.

bauderline wrote: »
    Do the programmable outputs 1 and 2 correspond to the values for 004 and 005 in the panel outputs menu ?

Curently..

001 Pre Alarm
    002 Alarm
    003 Strobe

006 Unavailable

baud.

no output 1 is defaulted as pre alarm output 2 as alarm 3 as strobe 4 as internal bell 5 as external bell

you can program the output types and polarity

On the actual board on the top left we have...

Ext Bell Int Bell Strobe Outputs
    - + - + - + 1 2

I had assumed that 001 corresponded to Ext Bell and 002 corresponded to Int Bell and 003 corresponded to Strobe. Is it 004 I need to program to configure output 1 on the board ?

The documentation doesn't make this clear....

baud.

• Advertisement

On the actual board on the top left we have...

- + - + - + 1 2

I had assumed that 001 corresponded to Ext Bell and 002 corresponded to Int Bell and 003 corresponded to Strobe. Is it 004 I need to program to configure output 1 on the board ?

The documentation doesn't make this clear....

baud.
    you need to program 001.
    5 4 3 2 1
    - + - + - + 2 1

they are in reverse order. if you program output 1 as alarm + then output 1 on the control panel pcb becomes an alarm output with a + polarity

you need to program 001.
    5 4 3 2 1
    - + - + - + 2 1

they are in reverse order. if you program output 1 as alarm + then output 1 on the control panel pcb becomes an alarm output with a + polarity

ahhh ok got ya....

It's not very intuitive the way they have done it, worse still they didn't document it....

Thanks Sean your help is much appreciated !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Output 1 corresponds to output 1, output 2 corresponds to output 2 in the programming.
    3, 4 and 5 are for the external and internal bell.

Advertisement