Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to Naas Midwives Clinic?? HELP!!!

Options
  • 19-04-2012 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi, sent my referral letter to Coombe on Monday, got my letter giving me appointment today!! It's May 16th only thing is, it's in Naas rather than in the Coombe as I'm in that catchment area.
    They said they will do a medical history and blood tests, that scan will be at later date. Will I not get a scan until the anomaly scan?? I thought you were meant to get one around the 12 weeks mark.
    I was sort of looking forward to going to the Coombe, anyone know if I will have many apts in there?

Thanks!

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lots of clinics have scrapped the 12 week scan, only offering the anomaly scan around 20 weeks. I was given a scan date of 19 weeks and was basically told I was "lucky to get it" as most other women in my area got theirs at 23 weeks" by a snotty receptionist in the EPU. And this was after my GP recommended I be placed in with the high risk category due to other factors.

Luckily when I went back to my GP and vented to her, she must have wrote a stinker of a letter because I got a phone call within days and got an appointment for 11 weeks. But if I had no pre-existing issues they wouldnt have wanted to know me before 20 weeks at all.

Now, having said that, once I got booked in, my care has been excellent since.

Advertisement