Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic door sensor

Options
  • 19-04-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

The panel says that the door is open when it is closed. I have tried re registering the sensor. I checked the magnet on another door,it works. The led does not light on the sensor when i open and close the door but i can hear it click.
    Is it broke?
    Where can i get a new one?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Have you checked the battery?

Condor, Northwood have them in stock.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you open the tamper on that device does the panel show tamper?
    If so it may not be the battery
    Another thing to check is remove & replace the battery. Does the LED come on then.
    And the obvious one......Is the battery the correct way around?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭bryanbal

New battery. Ya the tamper shows up on the panel when i remove it and the led flashs when i press tamper. Tamper function working fine.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like the contact its self.
    As Altor said Northwood or Condor are good for these.
    If you have any problems getting one give us a shout.

bryanbal wrote: »
    New battery. Ya the tamper shows up on the panel when i remove it and the led flashs when i press tamper. Tamper function working fine.

Sounds faulty so. Replacing should fix the issue.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I cant access alarm installer menu. If i reset by shorting the circuit will this wipe the system as well as resetting the installer code?
    Thanks

Hi,
    I cant access alarm installer menu. If i reset by shorting the circuit will this wipe the system as well as resetting the installer code?
    Thanks

One defaults the system and the other the codes.
    Are you trying to go in through your user menu?

thanks altor
    I just want to default the codes so i can get into the installer menu. What is the process for this?

thanks altor
    I just want to default the codes so i can get into the installer menu. What is the process for this?

Which Visonic alarm have you?

altor wrote: »
    Which Visonic alarm have you?
    Visonic powermax complete

• Advertisement

Visonic powermax complete

Turn off the mains. open panel. Disconnect the battery. You will see DEF on the pins. Make sure it is readable from left to right. Then it is the last 2 pins. Put a link across these two pins and connect the battery. Take off link and that is the codes defaulted ;) 1111 user, 9999, 8888 engineer.

Advertisement