Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking my car to Nz

• 19-04-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    We are thinking about moving to NZ in the next couple of months and are considering bringing our car with us. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have been checking ou www.nzta.govt.nz/ but there are no figures mentioned about the cost. Also is the paperwork as bad as it sounds? Any help is appreciated.

KZ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

1. Needs to be absolutly spotless and certified cleaned due to all the bio restrictions, that includes all the underside and difficult to reach crevases.

I looked at bringing my 3 series over when moved as it would have been such a sweet car to keep but didn't in the end. My father, who's in shipping has shipped cars to Aus and NZ before, said it's not too bad nor too expensive to do it but it is a bit of hassle to keep customs and govt and bio security happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Our neighbour found the easiest way for him to do it was to send a whole container- they shipped a motorbike and a car and a load of furniture as well. It took a fair few months afair.

Advertisement