Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combining Corsair Vengeance RAM

Options
  • 19-04-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey all, I have a little enquiry regarding the thread title.

I have always been keen on Corsair's DDR3 Vengeance RAM cards and wish to use them in an upcoming build of mine.

Is it possible to combine a 2 x 4GB (Black) 2 x 4GB (Red) configuration into one mobo? Both share the same speed of 1866 MHz and have the same CL latency, which is 9. However, the Black cards have 9-10-9-27 as the full latency timing and the Red cards have 9-9-9-24. There is also a difference of €0.71 in price between the two.

What is the end difference between the two?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't think there is much difference in ram at all any more, as far as I know. Just get the cheapest set of 8gb/16gb that you can. No point mix and matching, can only lead to possible problems even if it is likely to work, I just wouldn't bother with the chance of problems..

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

But it would look so cool :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

would look like an evil megatron thing like mine :P

t0ks7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12 K Byrne

pockets3d wrote: »
    But it would look so cool :D

One must always consider aesthetics! :)

I'm aware of the danger of mixing Ram alright, but is that not more so the case with completely different cards? Say like cards with a speed range completely different and different voltage

Advertisement