Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Surround sound first fix wiring

• 19-04-2012 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello,

I want to put some wiring in for surround sound also in my sitting rooms. They are a standard layout with a chimney breast in the middle of the wall, TV on 1 side and a door on the other side of the chimney. Couch will be in the middle of the back wall.

I was planning on using 2 core, 49x0.19 cable(1.5mm2 copper speaker cable). Would this be OK for a standard surround system. I know there is no limit to what can be spent for this but I just want to make sure that I am using a decent cable that will support a decent system in the future.

I was going to put the speaker cable in the 4 corners of the room, about 6 inched in from the corner and down about 18" from the ceiling. I am going to put in chases and conduit the cables down the wall. I will run a single cable to the 4 corners from my TV position beside the chimney. Should I also put a speaker on the chimney for supporting the 5.1 layout or will this be pointless as my tv will not be in the centre of the room.

I have no knowledge in this area and your tips would be helpful.

Advertisement