Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ for a 21st

• 19-04-2012 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Hey, never posted in here so apologies if this is the wrong place. I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend any DJ's in the Dublin area for 21sts at a function room? Also wondering how much would I expect to pay? And do I go through a list of songs I want played or what?

As you can see I haven't a clue about these things :pac:

I googled and found this site, dunno if anyone knows anything about them? http://www.digitaldjs.ie/pages/priv-intro.html

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Hey, never posted in here so apologies if this is the wrong place. I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend any DJ's in the Dublin area for 21sts at a function room? Also wondering how much would I expect to pay? And do I go through a list of songs I want played or what?

As you can see I haven't a clue about these things :pac:

I googled and found this site, dunno if anyone knows anything about them? http://www.digitaldjs.ie/pages/priv-intro.html

Thanks everyone

Different DJ's - different prices. It will all depend on where, when and how long. I think most DJ's would charge anywhere between €200 - €300 for a regular 21st. Before booking though make sure the function room where your having your party doesn't provide their own DJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Thanks DubDJ. God that's steep. I was thinking €150 or something haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks DubDJ. God that's steep. I was thinking €150 or something haha.

Different people will charge different prices. Its a really hard position to be in as your chancer will try €400, while your completely inexperience newbie would happily charge €100. And your none the wiser at the end as both seem reasonably prices. Quality wise, you could pay €400 or €100 and get the same, be that good or bad.

Personally I always tell people to ask around and get someone on a referral. 21st, like weddings, are a very niche market. You need someone good who isn't just going to play the most recent charts or drop 'Levels' when they notice no one is dancing. Depending on the event, you might want some tunes from the 90's or some tunes to keep the older folk happy. On the flip side if you want a more nightclub experience, you need someone who can actually mix decently.

Another consideration is if someone has their own gear, such as sound and (more importantly in my eyes) their own lights.

All that will dictate the price but if I had to give a ball park, €300.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Can't really add much more to whats been said. Just be careful booking a "dj" that does it for 50-100 euro. I see them all the time, showing up with a poor pa system and one light, playing calvin harris and avicii all night.

I charge 320 which includes professional PA system, lighting etc people email their setlist and off we go, partay time:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The going rate for most DJ's I think used to be €250 for small mobile DJ set-ups. But most have dropped prices due to the recession, people just don't have it anymore. There are more expensive DJ's who charge more but you'll usually get more for the price your paying. Try stay away from the €100 - €150 Dj's there usually inexperienced and could possibly ruin the night.

• Advertisement

Don't know what they charge these days for a 21st but www.prodjs.ie have done every wedding I have been at in the last few years and a few parties too. They are fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

To the op - I think around 300 is a fair price for a 21st legal dj who is paying for their tunes and their tax and will have music to suit all age groups including the recent chart stuff. Backup equipment is also essential and ye won't go wrong with the likes of prodjs or getting a recommendation from someone you trust. Put it this way; If you spend less on your dj than food & decoration/venue rental and the dj is crap the night will be ruined but if you pay more and get a great dj and the sausages are cold people won't be as disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Ive done a few 21st's recently and charged €250 for Dublin based gigs without too much traveling to do, and that was hard to get on some occasions.

People really are looking for the cheapest they can find these days and the majority of times I give someone a quote I'm met with the " XYZ said they'll do 6 hours for €100, why cant you?"

When you explain about costs/equipment/experience ect at times they dont seem too bothered by the fact someone may well be turning up with an ipod, pair of lightbulbs and an alba hifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Don't know what they charge these days for a 21st but www.prodjs.ie have done every wedding I have been at in the last few years and a few parties too. They are fantastic.

Would Protestant DJs be allowed to play at a Catholic 21st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

€250 I may be able to stretch to! Didn't realise having a 21st would be so expensive haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement