Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PERMANENT BAN WITH NO WORNINGS ON PARENTING

Options
  • 19-04-2012 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hi
    I'm pretty new to boards.ie
    I tried to post here yesterday but I think it didn't work so I try again

this site was recommended to me as great independent source of information and advice

I have used it once at it was very helpful. then I had a long break and now, when having some concerns with my baby diet, I decided to use it again.

I have not much time so I didn't read fully forums I posted on.
    Yes -I copy and paste same subject in few forums to get attention from other parents with food allergic childrens -but I was only starting with my subject! I didn't even have time to read any forum fully or any answer to my post as I work full time...

I didn't post 100, 50 or 20 messages!
    I have post 3 or 4 posts, same, on best matching my concerns groups and BAM! - I have go permanently banned without any worning!

I tried to explain my actions to moderator who banned me but his only answer is " you shoulnd't be seeking medical advice on boards.ie, you should go to professional"

It doesn't make any sense for me as professionals s what I'm coming from!
    I follow my GP and nurse advices but have some concerns, main is soya milk really healthy for a baby?, so I ask people with same problems. isn't it what boards.ie is created for?

I would appreciate if I can be bring back to full life on boards.ie to I can use it with benefits for myself and other users by sharing our experiance

regards
    Danny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Can you tell me the thread title the offending post was in? (I won't judge it as I'm a Parenting mod but one of the other CMods will)

And no, medical advice is very much not allowed. Seriously the last place I'd look for health advice for my baby would be the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dannyboy13

nesf wrote: »
    Can you tell me the thread title the offending post was in? (I won't judge it as I'm a Parenting mod but one of the other CMods will)

And no, medical advice is very much not allowed. Seriously the last place I'd look for health advice for my baby would be the internet.

I don't remember titles.
    Sorry!
    It was on Parenting connected with food allergies. that's how I found them but since banned I can't come back to continue/check it.
    they were my first posts in baby with cows milk intolerance diet subject...

I didn't ask for medical advice. I asked question "can soya milk cause allergies" as it's bothering me as my baby is on Nutramigen, very expensive soya formula milk, as adviced by my GP and nurse. I was surprise to hear that soya milk can cause allergies as in my baby case it suppose to heal one (cows milk intolerance) and this is what my doctor never mentioned.

I decided to bring the question to quorum on boards.ie to know opinion and experience of parents with same problem as mine

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi dannyboy13,

OK, have had a look around, and this is one of the deleted messages that provoked the ban:
    hi. I heard that NUTRAMIGEN LIPIL FORMULA is not so good for baby. my didn't want to drink it for one day but now it's fine.
    I know it's soya milk but our babies are allergic so what else can we give them?
    it's also expensive but again -child health goes first.
    what is your expierance with this milk?

IF ANYBODY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH GETTING THIS MILK OR CAN NOT AFFORD IT I CAN HELP! just send me a private message

hope to hear from you soon

You posted the exact same message on several threads.

That post isn't simply asking for advice. It's also a message saying that you endorse a particular product, and can obtain it for others if they contact you. The "what's your experience", in the context of the rest of the post, looks like the standard feeble attempt made by spammers to make it look like they're seeking discussion when they're actually advertising a product.

Now, I don't think that's what you were doing - I think this is a genuine personal recommendation and offer of help. But it looks exactly like spam, particularly since you posted identical versions in several places. As a result, your posts were deleted and you were permabanned from the same forum by two mods.

And even as a genuine message, posting it across multiple threads is a Boards no-no anyway.

So, while I think you were being quite genuine here, I won't offer to overturn this ban. Instead, I recommend that you contact all the mods of the Parenting forum by PM and explain that you've been silly, wish to apologise, and that it won't happen again. I think it's entirely up to you here to persuade them, and entirely up to them whether they allow you access to the forums. I don't think this is a ban that should be overturned by a CMod.

You can, of course, ask for this decision to be reviewed by an Admin.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement