Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking spots out of kitchen

Options
  • 19-04-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

I have 9 spots in the kitchen that I'm considering taking out?

Would it cost much to do and put in 2 standard lights?

Some are still visible from the attic but some might be gone under bedrooms.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

it all depends on access above lights etc,patching the 9 holes where the spots were might be the biggest hassle,are you thinking of changing because of frequent bulbs blowing / high electricity usuage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

it all depends on access above lights etc,patching the 9 holes where the spots were might be the biggest hassle,are you thinking of changing because of frequent bulbs blowing / high electricity usuage ?

Ya wrecking my head, when 1 goes, 3 seem to be replaced. I thougt the holes would be the hardest alright to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

RubyGirl wrote: »

Ya wrecking my head, when 1 goes, 3 seem to be replaced. I thougt the holes would be the hardest alright to sort out.

I presume your existing bulbs are 50 watt gu10 type, you could replace these with an led type bulb which will last year's and use a small fraction of the 50watt bulb, I've used a lot of click litehouse 3 watt gu10 led bulbs recently and am very impressed with the light quality/output, these bulbs are available through Kellihers electrical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If you do remove the spots, you can fill the holes by fixing wood grounds across them and screwing through the ceiling to hold them in position, then drill out the same size holes from some plaster slab and screw them to the wood gounds. They then need filling and sanding, or somone to skim them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

robbie7730 wrote: »
    If you do remove the spots, you can fill the holes by fixing wood grounds across them and screwing through the ceiling to hold them in position, then drill out the same size holes from some plaster slab and screw them to the wood gounds. They then need filling and sanding, or somone to skim them.

yes thats the way to do it
    handy enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

may be no need to rip them out

replace with fire rated gu10 fittings and led bulbs

Advertisement