Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming back gp visit expenses via Health Insurance

Options
  • 19-04-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if you have health insurance and visit a gp do you send off a claim form for each visit or just hold onto the receipts until nearer to the renewal date and then post off you expese claim form and receipts. I usually wait until nearer to the renewal date but was curious to what others do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭billyhead

Actually just reading my policy thier I switched to a new plan earlier this year and it states that I cannot claim for GP bills until within 3 months of renewal so I have a while to go yet

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

If you’re VHI – your claim must be made within 3 months of end of annual contract.

You can claim your expenses as they are incurred or wait until the end of the year, but if you don’t submit by 3 months following renewal they won’t pay.

Advertisement