Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac for Wedding

• 19-04-2012 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Hello ladies, I'm getting married in a few weeks and am probably going to get my make up done by Mac in BTs the morning of the wedding. Do they have specific packages for this do you know and has anyone had their wedding make up done there? As someone who adores cosmetics and am a qualified make up artist (although I don't work in that field) I tend to wear quite dramatic eye make up etc so I'm loath to having them do "wedding" make up when I just want to look like myself on the big day! Any help appreciated! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Book as soon as you decide. Weekends tend to be booked out a few weeks in advance.

Could you bring any pictures of your style of make up, or what you think you'd like? If they don't know what type you're normally into they might push a simpler "wedding" look on you.

They stock Pro Long Wear foundation which has amazing staying power. I had my make up done for my 21st there and didn't have to fix or top up once the whole night.

I'm not aware of any wedding packages, but they might do them. The usual deal is €40 (or so, can't remember exactly) for make up application, redeemable against purchases, including eyelashes. You could also buy the lip product or powder they used so you can top up if needed.

Some people aren't fans of Mac applications, but I just clearly communicated some points to my MUA (that I wasn't wearing tan, don't like x colours or styles etc) and she worked from there. I was extremely pleased with the outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I think they charge more for wedding make up, not sure why though, its obviously the same thing! I would do a trial though. I would be terrified to have my wedding make up done by a counter. I had my make up booked with another counter in bts before and when i arrived at my time there was nobody there, another girl told me that my girl had taken her break. Then another makeover arrived and the girl did my make up in about 10 mins and practically threw me out of the chair. It wasn't what i wanted at all and she hadn't even taken the time to look at my face shape or colouring as the make up didn't suit. Aggghhhhh. I would just be concerned that you would encounter difficulties. Maybe have the make up done at a quieter store? Like mac in dundrum? I imagine there would be less of those problems there

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

My sister had a Mac makeup artist from BT for her wedding, although she came out to the house the morning of the wedding. My sister had had a trial with her beforehand, which I think is very important. They shouldn't "push" any sort of makeup on you, they should go with what you want and offer advice on how it will best look with regards photography, daylight, durability, etc. My sister wanted quite a dark smokey eye, it was very dramatic and lovely! She did the bridesmaid makeup too and she did it exactly to our wishes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yes, I would think you are better off getting someone to come to you. As the poster above me said, I do think they do call outs. It'll make it more relaxed and less time constrained.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A lot of the artists would do nixers as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

I am a makeup artist and I would consider using a regular makeup artist who actually works in the field regularly and does quite a bit of wedding makeup rather than someone who just does make overs at the MAC counter. Even if you want a more dramatic eye than just regular "wedding makeup" an experienced makeup artist that does bridal on a regular basis will know how to make it last all day and give you the eye look you want as well as a trial makeup session to get it right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

Hi Miss Fluff,

I think it would be better to look into getting someone come to you rather than going to a make up counter. It's your big day and wouldn't it be so much nicer to just throw on a dressing gown and maybe have a glass of champagne and relax while your make up is being done?

Honestly I think you'll get a better service that way and you don't have to worry about getting to and fro to brown Thomas and deal with crowds, etc.

Just my 2 cent!

Advertisement