Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Sraith Pictiúrí : How did YOU destroy yours?

• 19-04-2012 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

So me and a few friends have decided that it should be a sort of a tradition for LC students to destroy sraith pictiúri and associated notes in creative ways after the oral exam, because they're actually of no use whatsoever afterwards (unlike French oral notes, damn you French!).

I'm pretty sure we're not the only ones who thought of this, so, show yourselves, destroyers of the pictiúrí! Share pictures, videos, or just tell us about how you did away with them. Drag out the kitchen knives, firelighters, ninja paper-chopping skills, or give them to your bored dog (or line the bird cage with them).

I wasn't particularly creative myself, but here's what I did :pac:

(If you're unsure about destroying them, I can assure it's the most relaxing thing I have ever done after an exam. :cool: )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ImFudged

I gave mine to a friend but as soon as i get them back they are going to be DESTROYED!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭iliketwixbars

So me and a few friends have decided that it should be a sort of a tradition for LC students to destroy sraith pictiúri and associated notes in creative ways after the oral exam, because they're actually of no use whatsoever afterwards (unlike French oral notes, damn you French!).

I'm pretty sure we're not the only ones who thought of this, so, show yourselves, destroyers of the pictiúrí! Share pictures, videos, or just tell us about how you did away with them. Drag out the kitchen knives, firelighters, ninja paper-chopping skills, or give them to your bored dog (or line the bird cage with them).

I wasn't particularly creative myself, but here's what I did :pac:

(If you're unsure about destroying them, I can assure it's the most relaxing thing I have ever done after an exam. :cool: )

brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I'd love to burn them but knowing me I'll probably just recycle them. :rolleyes: Not quite the same really, but it'll make for one hell of a five second video. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I really hope you have to repeat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Different sraith pictuirs every year :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Different pictures each year ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Different sraith pictuirs every year :P

Really.... i look like a tit now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Really.... i look like a tit now
    That you do good sir ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I literally took a blowtorch to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

As a teacher and examiner...I'm sick of them too, have them spinning around in my head. Stayed at work til 8pm doing them with my class, it'll all be over soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I kinda want to nail mine to a plank of wood then cut it up in the woodwork room..

Man I wish I had a dartboard now... Or twenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 IndigoWings

Togepi wrote: »
    Man I wish I had a dartboard now... Or twenty.

Haha! That'd be great fun... if I was doing that I'd pin up the Déagóirí Cróga one with sean-Phádraig. I got that one for all three mock orals I had... :mad:

Haha! That'd be great fun... if I was doing that I'd pin up the Déagóirí Cróga one with sean-Phádraig. I got that one for all three mock orals I had... :mad:

I had no mock orals. :( So much to do for next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 IndigoWings

Togepi wrote: »
    I had no mock orals. :( So much to do for next week!

Really?? That's horrible! :eek:
    I had one in Irish college last summer, one for the mocks and one over Easter break...
    I hope you do well anyway!

Really?? That's horrible! :eek:
    I had one in Irish college last summer, one for the mocks and one over Easter break...
    I hope you do well anyway!

I know! I'm repeating though so at least I had one last year, plus the actual Leaving Cert, but still, that was over a year ago. And I need to practise my sraiths. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I'm going to need to think of something creative to do with mine. Maybe draw inappropriate things all over them...make them a bit more...eh, relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

That's nice.

Tried to set fire to Tuarimi Eagsula faoi Deagoiri last night (cos I never liked that one). But I was outside and it was raining so it just got a bit wet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

My dartboard is coming out of retirement next Wednesday when I finish my oral. The thing hangs on my wall unused, without purpose these days. Oh I'll give it a purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

Monday night when I am finished with them, I am going to burn them and exorcise the demons that the pictures contain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Zhavey wrote: »
    Monday night when I am finished with them, I am going to burn them and exorcise the demons that the pictures contain.

Your post jogged my memory back to this, thank you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVoKlqbz1l4

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭frulewis

burned them and all the bad memories that went with them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Watched my dog shred them to pieces...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

201491.jpg

201490.jpg

201489.jpg

Burned them on Tuesday, was very satisfying!!!

Edit: really should have resized them :P

I can burn them now!!

I'll probably just blow them up with my mind though, Sheldon-style. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

There is no way to properly describe the satisfaction gained from burning them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

My Irish teacher said that the Sraith Pictiurs will be on the LC for the current 2nd years (3rd years if doing TY) because they will be swapped around every few years, so I kindly donated my pictures and notes to her :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

subz3r0 wrote: »
    My Irish teacher said that the Sraith Pictiurs will be on the LC for the current 2nd years (3rd years if doing TY) because they will be swapped around every few years, so I kindly donated my pictures and notes to her :)

In paper or ash form?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Eathrin wrote: »
    In paper or ash form?:pac:

Boringly enough, in paper form :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

A few of my friends have had some very creative solutions to their Sraith Pictiúr problems:

Sraith Pictiúr Origami:
    201890.jpg

Sraith Pictiúr Birthday Card:
    201892.jpg

Advertisement