Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Current Account Available

Options
  • 19-04-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Currently with AIB and wanted to find out the best current account available.

People tell me that Ulster bank the best with free banking and no clauses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭dubrov

I was just looking at this myself.

UB seem to be free with no conditions.

However, they have made no changes to their current accounts yet and I'm afraid of switching to them only to see them jack up the rates a couple of months later.

BOI have the following condition for free frees
    1. Lodge at least €3,000 in your Personal Current account AND make 9 debit payments from that account using 365 Phone and/or Online over the course of a fee quarter (This is the equivalent of a €1,000 net salary lodgement and 3 payments per month). Payments made by standing order or direct debit do not qualify as 365 Phone and/or Online payments for the purpose of this offer.

I would qualify for this so am thinking BOI as they are unlikely to raise the conditions again for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I was in a similar position and switch to UB over the past few weeks. Quite straight forward and they have a switching team that helps transfer over any direct debits you might have.
    dubrov wrote: »
    I was just looking at this myself.

UB seem to be free with no conditions.

However, they have made no changes to their current accounts yet and I'm afraid of switching to them only to see them jack up the rates a couple of months later.

BOI have the following condition for free frees
    1. Lodge at least €3,000 in your Personal Current account AND make 9 debit payments from that account using 365 Phone and/or Online over the course of a fee quarter (This is the equivalent of a €1,000 net salary lodgement and 3 payments per month). Payments made by standing order or direct debit do not qualify as 365 Phone and/or Online payments for the purpose of this offer.

I would qualify for this so am thinking BOI as they are unlikely to raise the conditions again for a while

Advertisement