Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Drive; Is my hard drive SATA or SCSI?

Options
  • 19-04-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody. It's a simple question that I just can't find the answer to online. My hard drive is plugged into my motherboard using a SATA cable, but when I look in the device manager, I see my hard drives as, 'Samsung HD103UJ SCSI Disk Device' and the same for my other drives, 'SCSI Disk Device'. I just want to know what my hard drive is so I can find out what the difference of SATA and SCSI, too(in performance). If you could answer both that's great :D. Thanks in advance for everybody who will read/answer :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭m99T

I can only assume its SATA if it has the SATA port.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Unless it's a server or workstation it's very unlikely to be SCSI. SCSI hard drives and controllers are much more expensive than SATA and are only really beneficial when dealing with a large array, due to the higher bandwidth allowed and the ability to hot swap. You will never find a SCSI hard drive in a standard desktop or laptop from an OEM vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Hi everybody. It's a simple question that I just can't find the answer to online. My hard drive is plugged into my motherboard using a SATA cable, but when I look in the device manager, I see my hard drives as, 'Samsung HD103UJ SCSI Disk Device' and the same for my other drives, 'SCSI Disk Device'. I just want to know what my hard drive is so I can find out what the difference of SATA and SCSI, too(in performance). If you could answer both that's great :D. Thanks in advance for everybody who will read/answer :)

The drive is definitely a sata drive.

Advertisement