Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€800 budget build

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

In a word: Yes. I mean it'll do fine, just don't expect it to be completely silent, or to be doing much overclocking with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Serephucus wrote: »
    In a word: Yes. I mean it'll do fine, just don't expect it to be completely silent, or to be doing much overclocking with it.

Ok I'll use it for the time being but order a new one next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Serephucus wrote: »

Ok I'll use it for the time being but order a new one next week.

Well at least it wasnt an" f up your system "mistake.hope you get it sorted.

now wheres that option to get it built for you.................

Have everything set up but it doesn't power on. When I press the on button it turns on for a split second and the rear fan moves a bit and then it turns off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I just built my one last night. I was lucky and it worked 1st time. ( apart from GPU )

Double check all your leads are pluged in. That amazon Power supply has some amount of leads.

Did you plug in the blue tipped leads ? I didn't to start with that was one problem i had.

• Advertisement

NeVeR wrote: »
    I just built my one last night. I was lucky and it worked 1st time. ( apart from GPU )

Double check all your leads are pluged in. That amazon Power supply has some amount of leads.

Did you plug in the blue tipped leads ? I didn't to start with that was one problem i had.

The leads with CU on one and UI on the other? They were a bit confusing alrite. I have someone coming up at 5 to sort it for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Ya those leads.

Hope ya get it working.

My last build was a lot easier then this lol. Still fun tho.

Problem sorted. The tiny power connection was in wrong. I also put the wrong screws in to hold the motherboard down. Installing windows 7 at the moment.

Really need help. I bought a dongle but I was only getting 2 bars so then I bought those Ethernet adapters off amazon and they ain't working on the PC I built. I checked to see if they work with a netbook and they work no problem with it. Any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Really need help. I bought a dongle but I was only getting 2 bars so then I bought those Ethernet adapters off amazon and they ain't working on the PC I built. I checked to see if they work with a netbook and they work no problem with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you installed all the latest drivers?

• Advertisement

Do I have to download drivers to get a wired network connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ethernet adapters off amazon
    Please link me to said adapters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Do I have to download drivers to get a wired network connection?

For a wired connection you still have to update the motherboard for it to work. But any update should do, they usually don't have the drivers for ethernet right out of the box, thats what the CD is for.

Using the wireless USB things you need to install the drivers too. The latest one is usually the best.

As for those plug sockets, I don't know. I've never used them so someone else will have to help you there.

they ain't working on the PC I built.
    Not good, as they usually work straight out of the box. Connect the PC directly to the router, and see does it connect to the internet. Also, is there any flashing light at the back of the network port when it's connected?

Working now. The driver was on the disc that came with the motherboard, duh. Anyway the connection is seriously fast.

Working now. The driver was on the disc that came with the motherboard, duh. Anyway the connection is seriously fast.

im a click away from buying all the equipment.but im so tempted to add

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=746&agid=829

after seeing what you went through i dont know if i could take it lol

would you recommend trying to build it myself?
    was it your first build?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Build it, makes you much more confident in doing more stuff and it's quite fun. And you save €20

crazygeryy wrote: »
    im a click away from buying all the equipment.but im so tempted to add

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=746&agid=829

after seeing what you went through i dont know if i could take it lol

would you recommend trying to build it myself?
    was it your first build?

Actually delighted I built it myself. The build is pretty straightforward until you come to the wiring. It looks daunting until you realise you don't use half the wires. I only had one problem really and that was inserting the little power connector in the wrong place. Now it's built I know how to replace every part for upgrades:)

Eboggles wrote: »
    Build it, makes you much more confident in doing more stuff and it's quite fun. And you save €20

Yea I ll give it a shot.I'm not totally green when it comes to the inside of the pc so what the hell.plenty of vids on youtube as someone said earlier.

• Advertisement

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Yea I ll give it a shot.I'm not totally green when it comes to the inside of the pc so what the hell.plenty of vids on youtube as someone said earlier.
    There's that, and you must also remember that if the PC is shipped on the wrong side, you may have one or two loose bits when you go to power it on, and thus may have to take it apart and put it back together again.

Advertisement