Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile service deteriorating again

Options
  • 19-04-2012 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

What can I say network was down again today for hours no coverage at all had to call 6 times to get confirmation it was a network problem despite been told there wasn't. Now it is back on the avg 4-5mbps i was getting is 500kb-1mb wtf.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

chris2008x wrote: »
    What can I say network was down again today for hours no coverage at all had to call 6 times to get confirmation it was a network problem despite been told there wasn't. Now it is back on the avg 4-5mbps i was getting is 500kb-1mb wtf.

Hi chris2008x
    Sorry to read this. What area are you in? Can you PM me your mobile number and PIN along with any of the last numbers you attempted to call.
    I will have this investigated for you.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Its grand now back to 4-5mb download and 1-2mb upload. Since it was down a few hours maybe everybody got on it when it came back on.

Its grand now back to 4-5mb download and 1-2mb upload. Since it was down a few hours maybe everybody got on it when it came back on.

Thanks for getting back chris2008x and if you have any future issue just PM me the details. I will investigate for you.
    Tony

Again past few weeks it has deteriorated. Keep having to disconnect reconnect to get from site to site.

2211873566.png

Past few weeks i have lost my upload speed used to be 1mb and since last night i have to constantly disconnect reconnect to get from page to page

• Advertisement

FIX IT OR REFUND ME FFS STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO DO SOMETHING AND NOW THE CALL CENTRE IS CLOSED TOOK 6 DISCONNECTS JUST TO GET ON

???????????????????????????????????

Seems to have been fixed now

Actually hasn't still requiring constant disconnections/re-connections 3 just to post this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Actually hasn't still requiring constant disconnections/re-connections 3 just to post this

Hi chris2008x,

Apologies, I will get one of the e-mobile guys to get back to you. Can you PM me with mobile no just to insure we have your details.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

8 disconnects/reconnects to reply to this thread. If it is not fixed by tomorrow i will request a refund and take my custom elsewhere. Worst than the service i had with three in 2006/7

Today still the same again. Speed has dropped now from 3-4mb to 1996 Albanian dial up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

i had issues in Cork today with 3G also...had similar issues last week. Hmm.

I must say it is unusual they haven't fixed it yet normally disruptions never go past 24hrs. Best of luck with yours BArra. Tonight I'm searching around for another provider because they seem to be doing nothing to resolve the issues.

Still the same heard nothing from tech support was told it was been fixed

BArra wrote: »

Hi BArra,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your 3G. IS this with broadband or with the internet on your phone? Are yous till having this issue?
    I must say it is unusual they haven't fixed it yet normally disruptions never go past 24hrs. Best of luck with yours BArra. Tonight I'm searching around for another provider because they seem to be doing nothing to resolve the issues.
    Still the same heard nothing from tech support was told it was been fixed

Hi chris2008x,

My apologies that this issue is still ongoing for you. I am checking for an update from tech in regard to this and will advise once I get an update.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 27 markie24dublin

I have the same issue today with my iPhone 4s, it shows there is 3G however, it won't connect.. if it does.. it's there for 1 minute.. then the connection is gone again :(

I also notice that some calls do not get through to me.. i suddenly have voicemessages, but no missed calls :S

Any updates on this issue?

Mark

I have the same issue today with my iPhone 4s, it shows there is 3G however, it won't connect.. if it does.. it's there for 1 minute.. then the connection is gone again :(

I also notice that some calls do not get through to me.. i suddenly have voicemessages, but no missed calls :S

Any updates on this issue?

Mark

Hi Mark
    there was an issue Friday with coverage to some of Dublin area. This should have been resolved completely by Saturday. If you continue to experience this issue please PM me your tel number and 2 or 3 examples of dropped numbers. I will have this investigated.
    Tony

11 days later still not fixed. Despite been told by the one in the call centre Monday.
    Going to comreg now and i want a refund.

5 disconnects/re-connects just to post that

• Advertisement

11 days later still not fixed. Despite been told by the one in the call centre Monday.
    Going to comreg now and i want a refund.

Hi chris2008x,

I have sent you a PM on the 5th in regard to this issue. Have you received this. My apologies that this issue is still ongoing for you.

Tony

photostream

Since i cant send pics through PM have to respond in the forum. And that's how bad 2G is in my area makes dial up look like upc so choosing 2G only is literally telling me to go back in time to 1991. Look all these silly tips the call centre is giving like reinstalling it. Did never worked. Wiping a perfectly clean sim card. Telling me it is a virus (so McAfee owned by Intel one of the biggest companies in the world is s**t and someone with no experience in this field from a call centre is right?). Telling me to call meteor.

How easy it is just to send someone out to the mast in Castle Avenue and check it. Same is happening to my sister on Meteor so it is obviously a network problem. Service past 2 weeks makes 3 broadband look perfect.

To add and 3 disconnects/reconnects later to post this. The signal has gone down to two bars was always full coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭kirving

To be fair, McAfee IS sh1t. First thing I did was uninstall it when it came bundled with a Dell I bought.

Anyway, I too have been having intermittent(sp?) issues with Meteor 3G over the past week or so. Specifically around DIT Bolton St, Dublin 1 if it's of any help. Phone shows full 3.5G signal, but won't connect.

No point throwing a wobbler Chris. It's easier to help someone who gives a clear outline of the problem.

Two weeks today and still not fixed they are hanging up on every call now too. **** customer care and i will never do anymore business with emobile/meteor/eircom ever again

Hi chris2008x,

I will check this with our tech department and get back to you soon.

Tony

BArra wrote: »

Hi BArra,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 5 beltenebros171

I sent a query to emobile about my poxy mobile broadband service and it cutting out every night, i simply wanted to know what error 101 meant (conection reset, why?) and how to fix it and here's what they e-mailed back.

· When did the problem first start?
    · The nature of the problems e.g. inability to able or receive calls, bad quality of call, call dropping during conversation, failure when sending SMS's
    · What specific locations do you experience network coverage issues in, including whether you are indoors or outdoors at the time
    · How many signal bars does your handset display when you have problems
    · Do you experience the same problems when you put your SIM card into another eMobile handset? If you have not tried this can you please do so
    · Do you experience the same problems when you put a different eMobile SIM card your handset? If you have not tried this can you please do so
    ·How far away from the affected area do you need to travel before coverage return
    What error message do you receive when you try to make calls or send text messages?
    Are there other eMobile customers in the area with the same issue?
    Driving Directions down to street level.
    Does the issue affect indoor and outdoor coverage?
    Can you forward 3 examples of dropped calls, texts or broadband connections including dates, time and number that you made within the past 24 hours? (Please note that without these 3 examples we cannot forward your issue to the Technical department)

do i need to elucidate whats wrong with this?

I sent a query to emobile about my poxy mobile broadband service and it cutting out every night, i simply wanted to know what error 101 meant (conection reset, why?) and how to fix it and here's what they e-mailed back.

· When did the problem first start?
    · The nature of the problems e.g. inability to able or receive calls, bad quality of call, call dropping during conversation, failure when sending SMS's
    · What specific locations do you experience network coverage issues in, including whether you are indoors or outdoors at the time
    · How many signal bars does your handset display when you have problems
    · Do you experience the same problems when you put your SIM card into another eMobile handset? If you have not tried this can you please do so
    · Do you experience the same problems when you put a different eMobile SIM card your handset? If you have not tried this can you please do so
    ·How far away from the affected area do you need to travel before coverage return
    What error message do you receive when you try to make calls or send text messages?
    Are there other eMobile customers in the area with the same issue?
    Driving Directions down to street level.
    Does the issue affect indoor and outdoor coverage?
    Can you forward 3 examples of dropped calls, texts or broadband connections including dates, time and number that you made within the past 24 hours? (Please note that without these 3 examples we cannot forward your issue to the Technical department)

do i need to elucidate whats wrong with this?

Hi beltenebros171,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your broadband. Could you advise how long you are having this issue and also what browser you were using when you got the above error message.

Tony

• Advertisement

Still haven't fixed it

Advertisement