Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healing Monk?

Options
  • 19-04-2012 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I have to say I've never heard of such a person. Did she give any more information e.g. were they in Galway city or Galway county?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

could be Mr.Buckfast,lives in O'Learys Off-Licence and has relations in others!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Never heard of such a monk. Perhaps ask in the spirit centre or similar places?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Healing abilities? Are you serious? Since I don't believe in witchcraft I would suggest you go to the doctor if you are sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Ahh Abbott Sudocream,can be found on the corner of isle 3 in boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pmason

Aquila,
    Did you find out anything more on this?

P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

pmason wrote: »
    Aquila,
    Did you find out anything more on this?

P
    Yes, because if he wasn't Doctor Monk MD he's practising medicine without a license and I for one will be delighted to report him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

These people take advantage of the old and the gullible. They are fraudsters who should be reported to the gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Yes, because if he wasn't Doctor Monk MD he's practising medicine without a license and I for one will be delighted to report him.

To who? for what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

i think the o.p is looking for FR cotter in the abbey church

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Shakti wrote: »
    To who? for what?

To the guards, for practising medicine without a license.

In fairness, though, unless he's passing himself off as a doctor (unlikely), he's no different from the dozens of other reflexologists, reiki practitioners, herbalists, iridologists, homeopaths, etc etc etc around the place.

(Hee hee ... wonder how many people I've upset with this post ... it could be a record! :D )

JustMary wrote: »
    To the guards, for practising medicine without a license.

On what grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Oh ffs, how to bully a poster away from boards.
    Oh wait, we're ok, it was a mod!
    Amazing the amount of craic that can be had from someone's question :rolleyes:

And congrats Just Mary, you may have indeed selectively pissed off selective people, for lumping selective yokes together as one entity (that aren't anything to do with each other nor equally scientifically recognised) for sure!:p

Discussion is overrated now lets get back to discussing who does the best batter burger or what time the last bus to athlone is or the volvo exploitation race.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Discussion is overrated now lets get back to discussing who does the best batter burger or what time the last bus to athlone is or the volvo exploitation race.

So you want to talk about an exploiting car manufacturer instead of an exploiting monk ?

On what grounds?
    You can't just hang up your shingle as having "amazing healing powers" without the correct qualifications. And if you had the correct qualifications you would know better than to make a claim like having "amazing healing powers". These laws are in place to prevent con artists and snake oil salesmen preying on the desperate and probably doing them great physical harm in the process. Its pretty simple really.

4a9981e6c557a_The%20Front%20%289%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

You can't just hang up your shingle as having "amazing healing powers" without the correct qualifications. And if you had the correct qualifications you would know better than to make a claim like having "amazing healing powers". These laws are in place to prevent con artists and snake oil salesmen preying on the desperate and probably doing them great physical harm in the process. Its pretty simple really.
    QUOTE]

Did this monk person actually say they have "amazing healing powers" - if they did I'd tend to agree with you! Now I'm curious as to who they are...

On the other hand, my friend calls the lady who does her massage 'a saint', though I'm fairly sure the massage lady doesn't have 'amazing saintly powers' on her wall!:p
    Sometimes it's others who make the claims, not the person(s) doing whatever healing work etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Lapin wrote: »
    So you want to talk about an exploiting car manufacturer instead of an exploiting monk ?

Who says there's any exploitation going on?

As Inisboffin says we have no evidence this "monk" has made any claims for himself. Someone would probably know him if he was touting himself as a healer.

Secondly some people find comfort and strength from having a person of their own religion say a prayer with them.Sometimes it helps them through that transition of grappling with the reality of being ill into being able to easier accept it if they feel their God is keeping an eye on them. If no preposterous claims are made and money doesn't change hands, and we have no evidence it does, then there's no exploitation.

Who exactly?
    "amazing healing powers"* citation required

What laws are you talking about? if your going to accuse people of breaking laws and threaten to report them you could at least A. Know who they are B. What they have done that is illegal C. Know they have done it/have evidence to support your claims. D. When and to who.

Are you a real Doctor mr. ruby?
    Next time I give a back rub will you report me for giving physio without a licence?

Should you report 'The Front' for corrupting the minds of young scouts?

Anyway theres only one front
    Agnostic_Front_-_My_Life_My_Way.jpg

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »

That would be another thread if I did.

But who is this monk who has exploited someone that your talking about? and who did he exploit?

Who exactly?
    "amazing healing powers"* citation required

What laws are you talking about? if your going to accuse people of breaking laws and threaten to report them you could at least A. Know who they are B. What they have done that is illegal C. Know they have done it/have evidence to support your claims. D. When and to who.

Are you a real Doctor mr. ruby?
    Next time I give a back rub will you report me for giving physio without a licence?

Should you report 'The Front' for corrupting the minds of young scouts?

Anyway theres only one front
    Agnostic_Front_-_My_Life_My_Way.jpg
    Looks like the monk's house has internet.

Looks like the monk's house has internet.

Perhaps the one in your imagination does who can say, but if you ever do have evidence of an offence taking place in reality by a monk or anyone I'd like to hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since OP has a thread in a another forum and this didn't pan out I'm closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement