Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company buying old computers

Options
  • 19-04-2012 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi all.

Just looking for a bit of help. A few months ago a flyer went around the doors for a company who were interested in buying old computers and laptops for money. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the company. Have done a few google searches and can't trace it either. Know they were set up in either Rosemount or Ballycoolin Business Park. Anybody any idea of the name or contact number? Would be a great help.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Nikky_Bellic

There is a new place in Ongar Village thats looking for laptops. Cant help but remember them seeing as how their sign stating such is plastered over their windows :pac:

Mightnt be the one you are looking for. But thought I would mention it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I have an old computer in the shed,its about 10 years old,wouldn't dare give it to anybody...the incognito window wasn't invented back then...god only know what's on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

There is a new place in Ongar Village thats looking for laptops. Cant help but remember them seeing as how their sign stating such is plastered over their windows :pac:

Mightnt be the one you are looking for. But thought I would mention it :)

Dan in the computer shop in Ongar is the man you are looking for. He will buy old and broken or even newish laptops from you.

If you want his number, PM me.

Just take a note before selling an old computer/laptop.

Almost everything you have ever viewed on you computer can be recovered from your computer (unless it has been overwritten) using free software. This includes even if you computer has being formatted using normal methods.

Download Recuva, and do a scan. Its will take a while(mine took 2.5hrs), but you will be very surprised at what comes up! I found images I looked at in 2009. That were still there after reinstalling windows 3 times!

If it was me, the only way I would give/sell my computer to another person, would involve taking out the hard drive, opening it and smashing the platters/discs it to pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Slightly off topic , but along similiar lines. Does anyone know are there any legitimite companies out there that you can exchange a TV for cash in the Dublin 15 area or indeed further afield rather than having to down the e-bay or similiar routes trying to sell privately ect.

If they exist, let me know please!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There's a place called CeX in Liffey street that buys electrical goods, they might take it if it's re-saleable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Okocim wrote: »
    Slightly off topic , but along similiar lines. Does anyone know are there any legitimite companies out there that you can exchange a TV for cash in the Dublin 15 area or indeed further afield rather than having to down the e-bay or similiar routes trying to sell privately ect.

If they exist, let me know please!

I'm sure the offer for a functional tv, if you find such a company, would be insulting. Adverts.ie would be a better path IMO

Advertisement