Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for Business Owners

Options
  • 19-04-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Would a business review type service be of interest to any of you? This would entail an experienced business person reviewing your business at all levels eg all procedures, sales, marketing, staffing, markets, training, legal issues, accounting projections, risk assessment etc with the aim of putting an efficient structure in place to reduce cost/waste and increase revenue.

This may be targetted at small businesses who have grown significantly or want to move onto the next stage and the owners are struggling to cope since they may be focused in one particular area and may not have time/overlooked the business as a whole or businesses that have simply gone stale and need to be re-energised and focused again.

I am not sure if any enterprise board or similar is providing a service/mentoring like this but from what I have read, most appear to focus on startups. Any thoughts on the viability of this idea are v welcome. Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭bon ami

Quite a number of consultants doing this already, how would your service be different

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lledar

I have only very recently been researching the idea since I thought there may be a gap in the market here eg I see lots of advisers for startups and large corporations but have not seen much by way of a holistic services for small/medium size service business, are you able to direct me or give me an example of who may be supplying this service targetting at this size business?? Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

lledar wrote: »
    I have only very recently been researching the idea since I thought there may be a gap in the market here eg I see lots of advisers for startups and large corporations but have not seen much by way of a holistic services for small/medium size service business, are you able to direct me or give me an example of who may be supplying this service targetting at this size business?? Many Thanks

Having worked in many businesses& being thrown in at the deep-end& then sorting all procedures myself, i have often at that stage thought about someone like you /your idea, i think the fright of the costs always threw me& not trying to put everyone in a box, but your personality would be essential & the way you approach it would be very important. First impressions etc.

In todays market you would have to have an angle as previous poster said, a way in the door so to speak.

It may take time to get your name out. Im not sure how much training companies are paying for these days but maybe contacting training companies might be a way in the door to other companies, maybe a supplier to a company might be slow to hand over their customer database , but something like that.

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement