Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels near Longford town

Options
  • 20-04-2012 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I'll be up in Longford next week for work for a few days, does anyone have any recommendations for a nice hotel near the town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 buzzardflute

Recon wrote: »
    I'll be up in Longford next week for work for a few days, does anyone have any recommendations for a nice hotel near the town?

I think the best your going to find in longford town would be the longford arms,its ok nothing special imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

Coys pub have rooms too and as far as i know they are hell of a lot more modern / comfortable than the Arms heres a link in case you want to check it out http://www.mbcoy.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

View Mount House. Its an energetic walk or a short taxi trip into town.
    Technically its a B and b but its absolutely gorgeous, has an award winning restaurant, all the rooms have 'a quirk, (Open fires, 4 poster beds, split level etc) and it has a bar (from the restaurant).
    Highly reccomended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Agree with View Mount House - great restaurant too - but, if you don't mind a five mile drive, try Keenans at Tarmonbarry. Right on the Shannon, really nice pub, restaurant and B&B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Thanks for the suggestions, I booked the Viewmount. It looks very nice.

• Advertisement

Thanks again for the replies, I stayed at the Viewmount House, really happy with it. Pity the restaurant doesn't open on Monday or Tuesday nights but there's always next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭UrbanMonkey

Recon wrote: »
    Thanks again for the replies, I stayed at the Viewmount House, really happy with it. Pity the restaurant doesn't open on Monday or Tuesday nights but there's always next time.

Glad you enjoyed your stay! :)

I ended up staying there a couple of weeks ago as well. The restaurant was open this time. The food was great but expensive, I'm glad work was paying for it!

Advertisement