Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US 12 month Graduate Visa Jobs

Options
  • 20-04-2012 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone knew about types of jobs available under this visa for different degrees. I have a degree in geography and sociology and was wondering what jobs I am deemed able to apply for if I went on this visa? I looked into this a few months ago and found a booklet from USIT which I downloaded and it had suggestions but I can't find it on my computer or the internet and can't remember what the suggestions were. If anyone could help or is in the same boat as me I would really appreciate your help/thoughts. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

The requirement is that the job be associated with your degree. i.e. they don't want you travelling over with a mechanical engineering degree and working as a gardener or something. With a geography and sociology degree, you could look at a lot of jobs around the country. A lot of research jobs (look at colleges or landmark areas for these) should tie into your education. I'm not sure exactly what your degree entails, but as long as you can associate it with the position your holding and can create some plan (for DS-7002 form) that seems to fit your degree you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Marah

Sorry to intrude--but how long does it take before you get this visa? (if approved of course---just a ballpark figure? Months? Weeks?)

A friend of mine has been scouted by a modelling agency in the USA and just asked me about this visa. She is a recent graduate with an unrelated degree--and is now working as a model--so I think she might be ok?

Thanks and good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Marah wrote: »
    Sorry to intrude--but how long does it take before you get this visa? (if approved of course---just a ballpark figure? Months? Weeks?)

A friend of mine has been scouted by a modelling agency in the USA and just asked me about this visa. She is a recent graduate with an unrelated degree--and is now working as a model--so I think she might be ok?

Thanks and good luck:)

If the degree is unrelated that won't work, but there are visas specifically for models and such. If the agency is reputable, then they will know how to get a visa for her.

Advertisement