Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A4 120 se

• 20-04-2012 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Is there anyone got an audi 2.0tdi 120bhp? what are they like i was looking at the 143bhp audis.

But i found a better car but this is only 120bhp witch is better could i just remap the 120 and would this do the same job?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

pjwhite99 wrote: »
    Is there anyone got an audi 2.0tdi 120bhp? what are they like i was looking at the 143bhp audis.

But i found a better car but this is only 120bhp witch is better could i just remap the 120 and would this do the same job?

The 120 isn't anywhere near as bad as it sounds, and performs as well as the 143 up to a point. If you aren't constantly 100% on the accelerator then there isn't a noticable difference between the 2 engines, it's only when pushing on a bit that the 143 adds that bit of extra oomph.

Not sure about a remap, but I'd say it's essentially the same engine just down tuned.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭pjwhite99

Is 104000 miles big for an 08 audi?

can i have some views on this im unsure witch to buy

se audi 09 120bhp

se audi 09 143bhp

s line 08 170bhp

the sline looks the nicest but cost the same as the 09 143bhp. The 120bhp cost about 700 less and looks very nice

all cars have the same miles

what to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I'd go 2009 143bhp, or go 120bhp and remap it to 150bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭BHP

I had a 09 A4 2.0 TDI 120 SE for the past three years. Smooth quite engine for a diesel and lovely gear change. I found that the performance was adequate, it did not feel underpowered. It depends though what you are used to. At higher speeds on the motorway it always felt as though the wheels were needed to balanced. That was my only complaint, maybe it was just the car I had.
    Go and drive the 120BHP version, try and get a drive on the motorway and see if you like it. If you are happy with the performance it might give you the best value from your list.

The SE spec is reasonable, gives you electric front seats, upgraded audio system with SD card slot and colour screen, audio controls on the steering wheel and a couple of other extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭pjwhite99

Thanks for the info im thinking the 120bhp and doing a remap cause the car is that nice blue colour as well. Going to 150 shouldn make the engine work over to much if audi have a 143bhp in the same car is this right?

the s line cars there lowered, anyone know would this make the car bouncy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭BHP

Don't know anything really about re-mapping. The lower suspension in the S Line would give it a slightly harder ride. It would also have bigger wheels and lower profile tyres, also giving a slightly harder ride on poorer roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Was doing a few trips in my cousin's 08 A4 this weekend. It's the 143bhp version, didn't feel lacking at all, steering is a bit vague though. This one is approaching 100k miles also and still looked very fresh.

Advertisement