Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i park in front of easons?

• 20-04-2012 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Just a quick run in and out,have to collect my world book night books,they're packaged and ready...i honestly can't remember if there's parking nearby!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

afaik, you can't but you could park beside Burger King and run across maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

angelll wrote: »
    Just a quick run in and out,have to collect my world book night books,they're packaged and ready...i honestly can't remember if there's parking nearby!

Not in front of Eason's. It's a double yellow line outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Failing that just park it into the old bus stop in front of Brown Thomas if your quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭fran38

Park outside Boots chemist just around the corner from Easons on William St. It's also a double yellow line, but you won't be holding up traffic like you would if you parked outside the bookshop. You should be ok there for 10 minutes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

You could double park (quickly) at McDonald's/HMV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Jesus wept, you have to be taking the pi$$

Maybe ask the staff nicely if they could wheel the boxes out to you on a trolley?

Actually, how do Eason's get their deliveries? There must be a van so if they are allowed to load/unload somehow, then perhaps you are as well.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

There's a car park on the street just before easons. Or you could park on the double yellows near bb's etc like everyone else does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Stop advocating parking on the double yellow lines people! Ring easons and ask them to have it on a trolley for you and park in the carpark on the next street over, by bbs, its not that far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Actually, how do Eason's get their deliveries? There must be a van so if they are allowed to load/unload somehow, then perhaps you are as well.

I'd imagine they use Cruises Street for deliveries, obvioulsy within the timeframe of when vehicles can use the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

What makes you think you wont be delayed in Easons while blocking a lane of traffic? Will you be the only customer there to be attended to?

Someone suggested parking outside Boots on William St, afaik this is now a taxi rank, if it is, Iwouldn't adives you to park there.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

Double yellow lines are there for a reason. My brother who is a paramedic goes crazy with abondoned cars outside HMV/Easons - it has hindered an ambulance on many occasions and it's illegal. See all those new signs indicating spaces available in multi stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭pab_lowe

Are you really serious? Why don't you pull up on the footpath so that your door opens directly into the store in case you get a bit wet from the rain? You are that important you know!!! As long as you have your flashers on, other road users will know that you are 'just running in' and they obviously won't mind. Go to a car park and park your car legally or buy your stuff on line so you don't have to interact with other people........wow did I see red there or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

You cannot park in front of Easons, and other posters recommending double parking or parking in bus stops go stand over there in that corner and hang your heads in shame

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement