Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anders Breivik plotted killing spree during year of playing video games

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Serious fanboys take me seriously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Pedant wrote: »
    We all know that the games industry is colluding with the US Army to contention and train the minds of young men to fight in wars. Battlefield 3, for instance, is being used to subconsciously train their minds to fight in the upcoming Iran war -- don't you find it highly coincidental that that game was release at a time when US-Iranian relations were at their lowest for many decades?

Breivik used these games in a similar fashion but for a different goal.

Who are these 'we all' that you speak of?

I'm genuinely curious,do you actually believe what you just wrote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Nodin wrote: »
    .....and short, very, very short. 5 hours to complete that, thank fuck I didn't get it new.

Do you reckon its the one to blame for my rightwing views? Or was that COD3?

All I know is that any time I see a turtle, I know to jump on there head, otherwise they would kidnap the princess :D.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Who are these 'we all' that you speak of?

I'm genuinely curious,do you actually believe what you just wrote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Some guy killed his mother a while back after getting the idea from a Coronation street episode. I say we ban Coronation Street.

Stark wrote: »
    Some guy killed his mother a while back after getting the idea from a Coronation street episode. I say we ban Coronation Street.

69 > 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Pedant wrote: »

Dammit missed the tongue in cheek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They should do an article on me. "32 year old who plays video games holds down good IT job and has a girlfriend..."

...but forces a guy on the dole to pay for all the drinks.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Online game addiction is not uncommon in Scandinavia, so I wouldn't make too much of that by itself. I used to share a house with a bunch, and much of what they did involved a) drinking and b) games - and that was ten years ago. It's even a feature in the media e.g. in the Danish/Swedish series on BBC4 at the moment, The Bridge, one of the police officers has an unemployed son who does little else than a game that looks like Call of Duty. (Hmmm ... I wonder if that is meant to tell us something?)

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement