Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool regime to remain into May - often unsettled

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

This is the worse weather for this time of year that I can remember, just awful weather for farming, cattle cutting up land, cattle needing extra feeding because grass growth is affected by the cold wet conditions.

I heard it said on the radio the Cuckoos are not singing because it is too cold and they came from the Ivory coast for this crappy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

yesterday's rainfall total for me 17.4mm total for May 28.8mm depressing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

This is great weather, at least it is exciting !

Whats exciting about boring blue skies ? More storms please ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Min wrote: »

I heard it said on the radio the Cuckoos are not singing because it is too cold and they came from the Ivory coast for this crappy weather.

You and the cuckoos better head for the Ivory coast then :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Pangea wrote: »
    You and the cuckoos better head for the Ivory coast then :P

If I was the cuckoo I would be off early on my sun holiday to the Ivory Coast :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like a fair bit of rain over the next 48hours.

Culminating tomorrow night where there could be period of intense rain as the centre of the developing low pushes over Ireland.

Rtavn364.png

Quite the comical looking 6z GFS output there.

Rtavn1201.png

Rtavn1681.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

prec_nordeuro-11.gif

A good spell of heavy rain tonight as mentioned could give some local flooding however most of population will be asleep.

Heavy rain then clearing from the south and then showers with perhaps some thundery downpours look the order of the day tomorrow with good sunny spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

First bands on there way in now...

204230.png

If the weather was to pan out as per the GFS 12z, the next 10 days look very unlike May. Can't see Maxima getting more than 15c throughout the period and generally between 8-12c. With Minima generally from 2-5c.

Northerly/Northwesterly dominated airflow with showers and sunny spells.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Iancar29 wrote: »
    First bands on there way in now...

204230.png

Yes some very heavy pulses headed in the Waterford direction so it will be interesting to see the rainfall totals at the end of this. Just 0.8mm so far today but damp and drizzly for most of it.

This is odd, I have exams for the first time in 5 years yet it's crappy out? I assume that the usual Leaving Certificate sunshine should be back in time for the start of June though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Hi, I'm a long-time lurker who rarely posts but I'd just like to ask will we get snow in Balinteer tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a long-time lurker who rarely posts but I'd just like to ask will we get snow in Balinteer tonight?

Only above around 1,800 m!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Maybe we should move to Sibi, Pakistan, where the heat index at 12Z today was 79 °C!!!! :eek: Temperature 42.2 °C, dewpoint 34.5 °C!

I remember one day last year the heat index there was up to 83 °C.

http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynop?lang=en&esc=2&nav=Yes&lat=30N&lon=070E&proy=orto&base=bluem&ano=2012&mes=5&day=9&hora=12&min=0&vhi=Hi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

If you know the right people! ;):D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Note I got a yellow card for this. :(

I guess humour is not allowed in weather threads? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

As for the weather... not improvement in sight on the 8-10 day means...
    6-10Comparison.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Do not discuss the Mod decision on thread. End of story.

Boards.ie rules
    It is against the rules to argue with a moderator action in such a way that it drags a discussion off-topic from its original goal (short: never argue with a mod in-thread - it almost always leads to a ban)

While some may find a post amusing,others do/may not and it only leads to the decay that once again brings down the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

oh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

The next 10 days DOES look cold and wet and unsettled. One day here one day there half decent. On the up side we do get a good spell each year and we had one in March. But I would be confident of another in June even if it isnt as warm as the 10 day in advance forecasts predict and lasts 3 days instead of 2 weeks and sees the highest temperatures in the Southeast and sees cloud elsewhere and sees mist in the Northwest with an hour of sun at 1pm.

Yes folks we live on mother natures bum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement